• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mini Compressor Alternator Belts

chams_mini

Hi guys,

Nees to know a place to buy the small belt which comes for the alternator and compressor?

The belt size is 22.

For most minis 23 is the belt size and im goin through tough time to find this.

Looked in panchikawatte and at cosmin and sumana.

Guys any place that i can find this for sure??

Appreciate your response soon

There is a small shop adjoining Douglas & Sons in Panchikawatta (on your left when going from Maradana towards grand pass on Panchikawatta Rd.) Guy deals exclusively in Belts. He was the only one who had the size.... may be worth buying a few extra and keeping since it is quite cheap too.

Edited by nira74

There is a small shop adjoining Douglas & Sons in Panchikawatta (on your left when going from Maradana towards grand pass on Panchikawatta Rd.) Guy deals exclusively in Belts. He was the only one who had the size.... may be worth buying a few extra and keeping since it is quite cheap too.

Hi nira,

Are those belts reliable coz i found a belt from panchikawatte that place i think and the A/C guy said it wont last more than couple of hours. Also it dint look like the other belts you get (I mean it looked like pure rubber).

I cant exactly recall what you call that type of belts.

Would you recommend the belt you are reffering (i mean usage)??

Hi nira,

Are those belts reliable coz i found a belt from panchikawatte that place i think and the A/C guy said it wont last more than couple of hours. Also it dint look like the other belts you get (I mean it looked like pure rubber).

I cant exactly recall what you call that type of belts.

Would you recommend the belt you are reffering (i mean usage)??

Actually using the belt.. no problems so far... not much choice because no one else brings down that size.... went through the catalogues of a couple of dealers and no one was bringing down that size of belt.

I guess you also have the Japanese spec A/C engine so there is no regular UK Mini part available.

Other option is to order it down through Douglas & Sons or another dealer of a reputed brand... or modify your pulleys so that a commonly available belt would fit... which we didn't want to take a risk trying out.