• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Audi A4 2000 1.9tdi Service And Ac Repair.

nilakicha

I'm trying to find a above average, decent place to get the AC fixed on my A4, and also a interior cleanup, mainly the Leather Treatment. Checked Klean Park which offered a interior n exterior cut n polish job for 9k, n auto miraj offered the same for 7.5k. Another place down Marine drive, supposedly a 3M detailing center, offered the same, for 3.5k, which I thought to be a bit on the off side. Though its cheap, I wasn't convinced of it being value for money, so considering Kleen Park and Auto Miraj.

For the AC, one mechanic suggested its a problem with the cooler, which might need replacing, but was not too keen to get into the system with all its complexity. AC duct lining; a sponge like material has deteriorated and keeps blowing out through the air vents like small black pieces of sponge. Which probably would require the remaining lining to be stripped and replaced.

Any ideas of a good place to get the AC checked?

Radio and the steering controls for the Radio's messed up as well. Only the CD player works, that too only with volume control, none of the buttons, including track change work.

Suspension, apparently the Shocks have some good life left in them, except the "Bumper Boot" or the padding on top of the shocks which are apparently gone.

I believed this to be a cause of lack of handling and control at times. Could this be the case? I'm thinking of installing a front strut bar, and looking for a good place to purchase and install it.

Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nilanka

I'm trying to find a above average, decent place to get the AC fixed on my A4, and also a interior cleanup, mainly the Leather Treatment. Checked Klean Park which offered a interior n exterior cut n polish job for 9k, n auto miraj offered the same for 7.5k. Another place down Marine drive, supposedly a 3M detailing center, offered the same, for 3.5k, which I thought to be a bit on the off side. Though its cheap, I wasn't convinced of it being value for money, so considering Kleen Park and Auto Miraj.

For the AC, one mechanic suggested its a problem with the cooler, which might need replacing, but was not too keen to get into the system with all its complexity. AC duct lining; a sponge like material has deteriorated and keeps blowing out through the air vents like small black pieces of sponge. Which probably would require the remaining lining to be stripped and replaced.

Radio and the steering controls for the Radio's messed up as well. Only the CD player works, that too only with volume control, none of the buttons, including track change work.

Suspension, apparently the Shocks have some good life left in them, except the "Bumper Boot" or the padding on top of the shocks which are apparently gone.

I believed this to be a cause of lack of handling and control at times. Could this be the case? I'm thinking of installing a front strut bar, and looking for a good place to purchase and install it.

Any ideas or suggestions greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nilanka

Kich, For the cosmetics, try pitstop. At least, get a figure from them. For other stuff, I think the safest option is the agents.

I had the same issue with my Bora where the sponge like lining kept blowing from the vents. I got it replaced at High cool Ref

(near Pet#o in narahenpita). Cost about 9k with full service.

2 weeks ago a place called Gr*omings @ Kandy did a fantastic above average cut & polish/Through interior cleaning job for my car using 3M for 5750. Package also includes free engine clean up using 3M products. That price was more or less average in Kandy for all 3M authorized joints. So I guess Colombo prices are higher probably because your car brand.

Kich, For the cosmetics, try pitstop. At least, get a figure from them. For other stuff, I think the safest option is the agents.

i second that

Pitstop is quite decent - got a cut n ploish done a few months back - set me back around 5k if i recall right...

& they use AutoGlym car care products!