• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cam Cover Oil Leak

Daredevil

Question

HI I have a 1997 carina Ti car :rolleyes: . From a month time i see a small oil leak in the cam cover and the around the distributor area. I can see this also around the oil cup. This is not like a leak (That means no significant reduction on oil level)

Any body having any idea about this

:violent-smiley-030:

4 answers to this question

The packing/rubber border around the inside of your tappet cover could have perished. There is also a small rubber washer around the inside of the distributor- this too could have perished. It is indeed a leak but just a small one with nothing to do with the mechanics of the engine. Problem is solved by either new parts or re-setting the existing ones with silicon gel.

I had the same issue with my carina AT170 with a 5AFE engine...the rubber packing was perished..repalced it and it works just fine..If you have a pulling power issue try doing a proper tune up and also check the exaust line( some times it happens when the line gets blocked)