• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Your Opinion

Da HULK

Question

hey guy's i'm currently having 215/45/16 on my corolla and it's time for me to get a new set of tyre's there's set of tyre's for a very cheap price but they are 235/45/16 will this effect the car in anyway? thanx and where can i get a good set of tyre's if these don't work out for me :D

6 answers to this question

hey guy's i'm currently having 215/45/16 on my corolla and it's time for me to get a new set of tyre's there's set of tyre's for a very cheap price but they are 235/45/16 will this effect the car in anyway? thanx and where can i get a good set of tyre's if these don't work out for me :D

All 4 new tyres have this rating? As far as I've heard there is no problem installing higher speed rated, wider tyres on the car, since everything else matches. It might even increase handling I think. The problem would be if you installed lower-speed rated/width tyres. However better check with the others and see as well.

hey mate whts the price of that 215/45/16 n the location to buy!!!!..im urgently in need of 2 tyres .. ( i prefer used ones ) also if u are seling yo old tyres whn you are buying new..just let me know..cos i pref 2 used tyres for the rare of my civic..(presently running with 205/45/16 yokohamas)..by the way do u live in wattala?

hey mate whts the price of that 215/45/16 n the location to buy!!!!..im urgently in need of 2 tyres .. ( i prefer used ones ) also if u are seling yo old tyres whn you are buying new..just let me know..cos i pref 2 used tyres for the rare of my civic..(presently running with 205/45/16 yokohamas)..by the way do u live in wattala?

the guy who has the 235/45's he wan't my for tire's bro and 5000 in cash coz his tire's havr thread on them my tire's look like SLICKS :D:D . don't know where to buy the tire's bro coz these came wit the car when i bought it

by the way do u live in wattala?

no i live in dehiwala have seen your car around colombo

Hi there

Rim size and profile is the same with the new set as the old one. What is different is the width of the tyre. This will certainly give you improved handling as there will be more rubber in contact with the road surface. However, this could result in a slight decrease in the fuel economy dept.

What you need to determine is (1) the quality of the make of tyre (you have not mentioned any make) (2) whether you need improved handling or economy.

If you do decide to go for the wider tyre, ensure that there is adequate space in the wheel well area for the wider tyre. Especially when the wheel is turned.

Cheers

hey guy's i'm currently having 215/45/16 on my corolla and it's time for me to get a new set of tyre's there's set of tyre's for a very cheap price but they are 235/45/16 will this effect the car in anyway? thanx and where can i get a good set of tyre's if these don't work out for me :)

I agree with Duncan's reply and would also like to add that with those profiles, the new tire would be a bit taller than the older ones. if you go for maybe a 40 series tire in that width, you might end up with the same tire height and not lose on acceleration, and the speedometer would be accurate too.

On my truck, which came with 28" tall tires, I installed 33" tall tires and the acceleration sucks now and also the speedometer if off as much as 10MPH when I'm at about 70MPH (real speed 70, speedo reads 60) ... it might not be as off like mine, but it's something you may want to remember when changing tire sizes.