• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Start Problem In The Morning

jellyfish

Question

Hi Guys,

I have a CR41 Diesel and since about two weeks it suffers from a starting problem in the morning no matter how many times i heats it up and tries,However around 10-11 AM it starts after few attempts and after that it simpy starts without a problem for the rest of the day.

I changed the injector nozzels about two months back and the very first day after that it didnt start as well so i asked my mechanic to have a look at it and he removed the nozzels and did something to it and later the problem was resolved until two weeks back.

The first thing i suspected was the heater plugs and he said that they are fine,However i also noticed a small oil patch on the engine and when he checked that out it was coming from a small tube that leads from the engine to the air intake and the mechanic guy checked that and noticed some oil in the air intake hose.The guy then said that the oil is coming from the "under air hose" and i need to replace the piston rings or do an overhaul.

The vehicle has run about 225k and the fuel consumption is about 12-13 with A/C in colombo and about 15 outstation with A/C.I see some smoke when i start the engine in the morning only and later when the engine heats up the emission is very less.

Can any of you guys advice me on what i should do to fix this problem.

Thank you

1 answer to this question

Hi Guys,

I have a CR41 Diesel and since about two weeks it suffers from a starting problem in the morning no matter how many times i heats it up and tries,However around 10-11 AM it starts after few attempts and after that it simpy starts without a problem for the rest of the day.

I changed the injector nozzels about two months back and the very first day after that it didnt start as well so i asked my mechanic to have a look at it and he removed the nozzels and did something to it and later the problem was resolved until two weeks back.

The first thing i suspected was the heater plugs and he said that they are fine,However i also noticed a small oil patch on the engine and when he checked that out it was coming from a small tube that leads from the engine to the air intake and the mechanic guy checked that and noticed some oil in the air intake hose.The guy then said that the oil is coming from the "under air hose" and i need to replace the piston rings or do an overhaul.

The vehicle has run about 225k and the fuel consumption is about 12-13 with A/C in colombo and about 15 outstation with A/C.I see some smoke when i start the engine in the morning only and later when the engine heats up the emission is very less.

Can any of you guys advice me on what i should do to fix this problem.

Thank you

first of all check whethr there is a current flow to the heater plugs when you turn the ignition to ON position. if its k den no heater problems takin into account dat ur heater plugs are new..

next time try to kick da diesel pum (the round button like thing on top of the diesel fuel filter). kick means not wit ur leg! ha ha. press it around 5 to 10 times until its becomes hard to press. den try starting. coz if there is an air leak in the fuel filter gasket, (O Ring) den there will not be any pressure n diesel will go back to the tank from the filter. so u have to keep on starting to bring back that fuel to fill the filter and then the pump.

if all else fails, then after u start the vehicle n run for around 10 to 15mins or after a small drive, remove the hose that goes from the intake manifold to the head tappet cover. if u see white smoke or even smoke for that matter, that means u have a compression leak. this means ur engine is worn. replace the piston rings. this will solve ur probs.. u might be lucky if ur piston sleeves arent bruised.. cz if u find lines on dem, den u have to resleeve them as well which will cost u 5000 to 8000 for the sleeves only. this happens if u still run the vehicle with a compression leak, without changing the piston rings..

wel, best of luck!!