• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Green Test!

isam

Hi All,

Thanks for reading my post, and sorry if this question sounds stupid. I've never taken any vehicle to a Green Test. But what do they actually test in the Green test? Is it only the emissions or do they check things like all the brake lights are working, signal lights flashing, etc. ?

<_<

Hi All,

Thanks for reading my post, and sorry if this question sounds stupid. I've never taken any vehicle to a Green Test. But what do they actually test in the Green test? Is it only the emissions or do they check things like all the brake lights are working, signal lights flashing, etc. ?

<_<

There are two long threads about this and have a look machan.

I did to my FB15 few days back and that was the first time I ever been to a test. I went to Drive Green at Marine Drive at Bamba and it took me less then five minutes. You must take your log book with you or the original VIC will be fine. Firstly they opened the hood and checked the Engine and the chassis number then I paid the fee next was the emission test. That was all. What I heard was they normally do a visual check under the hood (ie: drive belts) but in my case they checked nothing. Also there was a Civic front of me and same scenario. I guess some times they do the visual check according to the vehicle condition. This is my personal experience.

There are two long threads about this and have a look machan.

I did to my FB15 few days back and that was the first time I ever been to a test. I went to Drive Green at Marine Drive at Bamba and it took me less then five minutes. You must take your log book with you or the original VIC will be fine. Firstly they opened the hood and checked the Engine and the chassis number then I paid the fee next was the emission test. That was all. What I heard was they normally do a visual check under the hood (ie: drive belts) but in my case they checked nothing. Also there was a Civic front of me and same scenario. I guess some times they do the visual check according to the vehicle condition. This is my personal experience.

How much does it cost btw? Is there a standard fee or does it depend on the place?

edit: found a web site for laugfs I think, showed a cost of around 800 or so..

whats the pass rate for cars?

Edited by Saturn

How much does it cost btw? Is there a standard fee or does it depend on the place?

The standard rate for the cars Rs747.

Edited by Bharath

Got tested my Bike yesterday and Passed as well :)

Just for your info....Drive Freen Price List.

Motor Cycle 280.00

Motor Tricycle 280.00

Motor Car 747.00

Dual Purpose Vehicle 809.00

Motor Lorry 1058.00

Mortor Coach 684.00

Bus 684.00

Prime Movers 1120.00

And they charge by vehicle category wise so it doesn't matter whether the vehicle equipped with Petrol or Diesel Engine. Same Price.