• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hope Our Team Is Recovering From The Recent Event...

Mean Green z28

I'm surprised that I haven't seen (have I?) a thread about our cricket team being attacked in Pakistan yet.

I'm happy that nobody was of our team was killed (my condolences to those policemen and the driver who were killed though) , and hope that those injured will recover quick.

Since I’m jobless today was reading a bit about the Lahore attack and its future repercussions especially in connection with the IPL. I can’t help but to think there is a bit of a silver lining in all this. Yes I agree that T20 is very entertaining but in my mind this is the beginning of the end of ‘proper’ gentlemans cricket. With all the money been thrown at the player in both IPL and ICL has put a question mark on their morals and ethics. Increasingly we are seen players choosing to play for these T20 franchises instead of playing for their country, which is wrong. They have become who they are now thanks to the local cricketing structure and the least they can do is give something back in return, by playing cricket for the national team and help the local cricket boards to bring some much needed revenue.

This surely won’t be the end of T20 but I’m happy if this’ll atleast slow down its destructive path.

Since I’m jobless today was reading a bit about the Lahore attack and its future repercussions especially in connection with the IPL. I can’t help but to think there is a bit of a silver lining in all this. Yes I agree that T20 is very entertaining but in my mind this is the beginning of the end of ‘proper’ gentlemans cricket. With all the money been thrown at the player in both IPL and ICL has put a question mark on their morals and ethics. Increasingly we are seen players choosing to play for these T20 franchises instead of playing for their country, which is wrong. They have become who they are now thanks to the local cricketing structure and the least they can do is give something back in return, by playing cricket for the national team and help the local cricket boards to bring some much needed revenue.

This surely won’t be the end of T20 but I’m happy if this’ll atleast slow down its destructive path.

The Indian govt wants the IPL postponed cuz of elections - they're worried that providing security and handling all that at the same time might be a bit too much a strain apparently , so i heard on the radio..

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ipl2009/con...ory/393305.html

Yes I agree that T20 is very entertaining but in my mind this is the beginning of the end of ‘proper’ gentlemans cricket. With all the money been thrown at the player in both IPL and ICL has put a question mark on their morals and ethics. Increasingly we are seen players choosing to play for these T20 franchises instead of playing for their country, which is wrong. They have become who they are now thanks to the local cricketing structure and the least they can do is give something back in return, by playing cricket for the national team and help the local cricket boards to bring some much needed revenue.

true