• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Vivration When Ac On

Miyuru Daminda

Question

Hi, I have a Maruti Alto only clocked 4500km. After engine is got warm, in ideal speed if I turn the AC on I feel considerable engine vibration. If AC off again vibration disappears. What can be the wrong...?

*************Sorry it's vibration, but I can't edit title :( *********************

Edited by Miyuru Daminda

6 answers to this question

Hi, I have a Maruti Alto only clocked 4500km. After engine is got warm, in ideal speed if I turn the AC on I feel considerable engine vibration. If AC off again vibration disappears. What can be the wrong...?

*************Sorry it's vibration, but I can't edit title :( *********************

increase idle speed to atleast 900rpm(with the ac on)

Some addition : When engine start in the morning engine speed is higher and reduce after few mins.

Well usually in jap cars the revving will be high in a cold start this is due to "auto choke" ( hope I spelled it correctly ) :unsure: and it will be reduced when the engine reaches its optimal temp. This is to bring the engine close to optimal temp as soon as possible.

I suspect you have a tunning issue in your motor..take it to a good place and performe a full engine tune up :)

check your sparks and wires also if RPM is not an issue.. sometimes a plug might not be firing properly and when you switch on the ac the motor can't keep up with the added strain from the ac...