• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bg5s Gearbox Problem

GuruG

Yesterday while I was driving I felt some tension in steering specialy when tuning to right and after a "dhading" noise the tesion goes off. I checked for many possible causes and only to find out one of the cv boots been sliced in 2 and a small leak near clutch slave cylinder. So I replaced both of them.

While I was driving back home from the garage, the blody tention and the sound is still there and worse I can hear the tires rubing the ground (sound like when alignment is off) at slow turns. I asked the garage dude whether to do alignment check but he said no need. So today morning when I was comin back to work the gear got stuck at 2nd. I couldn't move the gear even when engine is off. Lucky for me the garage is right next to my office. So i called the dude and we pushed the can lil back so he can take the car to the garage. Then what do u know all gears are working except for the 2nd. :blink:

I talled him to do a tharough check. When he tries to move the car inside the garage only 3rd, 4th n 5th works. All this after replacing cv joint n clutch slave cyl. :action-smiley-060: They did this n than but its still the same. So both of us were thinkin of relation betwenn cv n gearbox. Then the worse came in 2 me mind. Is it the diff <_< ??? No choice but removed the gbox and wholla !!!

Nothin wrong

photo0019.jpg

Looks Fine

photo0021c.jpg

The culprit

photo0022.jpg

I was stunned for a while n thought what if any of these pieces got stuck in synchro or any other worse possible place when goin at 100km or when revin high. :o

A gearbox guru said to me that those are peices from the star gear in the diff. :mellow: Anyways I'm out hunting for a gearbox to my car Mazda BG5s. If any1 got 1 or can get me 1 for a good deal, Pls let me know.... Thx.

Yesterday while I was driving I felt some tension in steering specialy when tuning to right and after a "dhading" noise the tesion goes off. I checked for many possible causes and only to find out one of the cv boots been sliced in 2 and a small leak near clutch slave cylinder. So I replaced both of them.

While I was driving back home from the garage, the blody tention and the sound is still there and worse I can hear the tires rubing the ground (sound like when alignment is off) at slow turns. I asked the garage dude whether to do alignment check but he said no need. So today morning when I was comin back to work the gear got stuck at 2nd. I couldn't move the gear even when engine is off. Lucky for me the garage is right next to my office. So i called the dude and we pushed the can lil back so he can take the car to the garage. Then what do u know all gears are working except for the 2nd. :blink:

I talled him to do a tharough check. When he tries to move the car inside the garage only 3rd, 4th n 5th works. All this after replacing cv joint n clutch slave cyl. :action-smiley-060: They did this n than but its still the same. So both of us were thinkin of relation betwenn cv n gearbox. Then the worse came in 2 me mind. Is it the diff <_< ??? No choice but removed the gbox and wholla !!!

Nothin wrong

photo0019.jpg

Looks Fine

photo0021c.jpg

The culprit

photo0022.jpg

I was stunned for a while n thought what if any of these pieces got stuck in synchro or any other worse possible place when goin at 100km or when revin high. :o

A gearbox guru said to me that those are peices from the star gear in the diff. :mellow: Anyways I'm out hunting for a gearbox to my car Mazda BG5s. If any1 got 1 or can get me 1 for a good deal, Pls let me know.... Thx.

Whoa..! didn't Prad have a similar issue..?? I'll try my garage for a gear box..

Whoa..! didn't Prad have a similar issue..?? I'll try my garage for a gear box..

Thx mate

The new gear box

newgbox.jpg

Got me car fixed. :dance3: Found a very good gbox right out of another engine for Rs.25000. She's back on the road. Thx guys for the support. Specialy felow MFOCs.

Edited by GuruG

Yup, apparently I have been driving her hard !! surprise surprise.

But hey after 11 years I am sure she had had enough lol.

The best thing about Mazdas is that they are strong cars and parts are readily available and cheap.

Congrats to Guru for getting her back out so fast.

Mine cost a bit more as the outer casing design is different apparently..... but she's purring too.

Maybe a small drive up to Avisawella is on the cards for the MFOC C ?