• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying Used Trd Adgustable Shocks Vs Stock Toyota!

highlander

Question

Hi Experts,

One of my friends is having a used TRD adgustable shock set. I want to but this for my GT.

Is it a good idea. He tells me it has been used to race, and he tells me a new set costs a lot. This set he is selling for 40k.

Is this a fair deal? Just checked up with To*ota L*nka and the stock GT shocks and coils cost well over 40k.

Please advice me on best option. Please advice Stock brand new vs Used TRD.

:rolleyes:

cheers!

Edited by highlander

7 answers to this question

Really depends on what your purpose is. Used is generally not worth the risk. But only the springs might be worth considering.

If you dont mind me asking- were these shocks 'raced' locally or are they from abroad? If locally- in what car/event?

40k sounds a fair deal if they are in good condition, considering a new trd setup will cost well over 100k.

but i don't know how durable they are. find out which units they are. cos they made seperate units for road and track. even road unit would fail a bit earlier than you expect. if they are track units i suggest you use the car as little as you can on normal roads. cos driving fast over a few potholes would really loosen a few bits in ur car.

most importantly find out what sort of a life they've had upto now.

and get ready for some uncomforrtable riding.. i am a firm beliver that newer ones will always return thier value more than the used one..

every Adgustable shock is not uncomforrtable, TEIN dosent have any comfirt but worth every cent u pay, there is a brand comes for Toyota ( i cant rember the name ) has a gud comfirt,

Hi Experts,

One of my friends is having a used TRD adgustable shock set. I want to but this for my GT.

Is it a good idea. He tells me it has been used to race, and he tells me a new set costs a lot. This set he is selling for 40k.

Is this a fair deal? Just checked up with To*ota L*nka and the stock GT shocks and coils cost well over 40k.

Please advice me on best option. Please advice Stock brand new vs Used TRD.

:rolleyes:

cheers!

hi

first of all adgustable shocks are goot for GT's and it gives the better handling than the stock ones coz i have tryed stock with my GT and then TRD adgustable shocks.

on the other hand wich type these are there are few types( mainlt you can find red or Yellow adgustable shocks) ..... and where this has been racing and what car.........?????

for a set of 4adgustable shocks with coils for second hand i think it worth it and depends on how long it been on and out of the car and how it has been stored coz it not oil adgustable shocks so can get bit of a problem

then if you put them its a bit of a hard ride and you have to keep your tire presser perfect coz it yoyu will feel some times kind of a shocks dont relese wen you hit a bump or some thing..

new set cost aroung (TRD adgustable shocks) 100k and it worth the money as im using on my GT still and good.

PS what gt u got and drop me a mail and if u need any help.... and make sure if u are buying them check the presuer and coils correct