• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Folding Power Mirrors

nahsor16

Question

Hi, one of my power mirrors are not folding but the power mirror glass works. one garage said that these normally cant be fixed but just buy a new mirror. any place i could take my car to check this? its Nissan Primera P11

18 answers to this question

Hi, one of my power mirrors are not folding but the power mirror glass works. one garage said that these normally cant be fixed but just buy a new mirror. any place i could take my car to check this? its Nissan Primera P11

Had the same problem and got it sorted from a dude in Kohuwala.. go through the small lane adjoining Laugfs Supermarket (Not the filling station), take a couple of turns & U'll see this run down, small garage...

Service is not impressive (Common prob in SL!), but if you can tolerate, can get the problem sorted.. the mechanic was quite ok and knew his job..

Apparantly, some of the better known garages in the area get the help from this place to work on this sort of repairs.. and that's how I got to know...

Great news. Got some problem with the N/S mirror. I guess someone has folded it by hand :(

had the same problem with my old car this guy at Pitakotte junction or something fixed it for a small amount the problem was with the wheels inside they had got jammed...a new mirror was quoted 15,000/- by the agents it cost me like less than 1000/-

I thought auto folding mirrors could also be folded by hand (if required).

Guess not AFAIK. If you fold them by hand a few times they're gone. No auto folding anymore :(

you can manually folf them. just that they have to be manually unfolded if you want them to get back on the power folding track/mode whatever u wanna call it.

Yes agree .guess all makes got the manual folding option.Never came across one without.

MINIACE

you can manually folf them. just that they have to be manually unfolded if you want them to get back on the power folding track/mode whatever u wanna call it.

I see... Gotta try that out.

Check with Ruwan-Darley road Gamini Hall junction near car park.Mobile 0777 918291

MINIACE

i second this guy :)

decent chap...cheap also compared to typical pavement hawkers in DR...

Yeah one decent, honest, talented, competent and soft spoken chap.

MINIACE

since you mentioned "soft spoken" bit... a druggie from the area who helped me a bit to understand the "repair mafia" at work around darley road told me this fella is an ex-monk :)

Mafia? i sense an interesting piece of gossip.. :)

well i got right royally ripped off in Darley road getting my power shutters and mirrors done...

best part was that they didn't even fix it right...

the countless hours i wasted trying get the bloody thing done... I made "friends" with the druggie who was "kept" with me to keep me from going to other "repair" folks in the area... So this fella really educated me how things are done there, how folks are ripped off etc etc...

Apparently the cops in the area try to shut these guys down but as usual the "mafia" some how keep the thing going...

It was pretty interesting to get a peek into what really goes on in there but mine came with high price tag...12.5k it was i think...

And this same druggie who spilled the beans on the "repair mafia" was also recommending me this same guy MiniAce is talking about.

since you mentioned "soft spoken" bit... a druggie from the area who helped me a bit to understand the "repair mafia" at work around darley road told me this fella is an ex-monk :)

Really an ex-monk?? :unsure: may be the druggie used a slang to express good about this guy Ruwan.whatever it is his mobile boutique is kinda very holy one :D all kinds a gods are there :D

MINIACE

my car was registerd in 2002 and the dashboard didnt had any power mirror controllers, after i did the conversion i replaced a new dashboard and it had power mirror controller, my mechaninc said the mirrors has the power option and he conected the dashboard wireharness and i got power mirrors working, from 2002 to 2007 the mirros were folded and unfolded by hand, now power, but same mirrors and still working

Edited by GihanFX

Really an ex-monk?? :unsure: may be the druggie used a slang to express good about this guy Ruwan.whatever it is his mobile boutique is kinda very holy one :D all kinds a gods are there :D

MINIACE

well Ace he clearly said "e pora issara mahana wela hitapu kenek" :)

well anyways...the guy seems to be a good bloke...decent prices so that's all that matters! :)

well Ace he clearly said "e pora issara mahana wela hitapu kenek" :)

well anyways...the guy seems to be a good bloke...decent prices so that's all that matters! :)

Hmm some news..anyway he is from the same neighborhood.His home town too.

MINIACE