• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer 4g13 Engine

E L N I N O

Im doing an engine repair due to a timing belt breakage on my lancer cs1a 2002 which has a 4g13 16v sohc. Im finding it hard to find the needed parts such as head gasket, exhaust/inlet values, etc. Anybody has experience buying lancer 4G13 engine parts? I searched in wijerama, panchikawatta and even in ebay! The damn agents have it but who can tolerate their figures?

Another thing. my baas is saying values can be realigned and put again since they are only bent slightly. Is this a normal practice? Also i heard you can cut gaskets locally. But my one is a metal. What are my options?

Im doing an engine repair due to a timing belt breakage on my lancer cs1a 2002 which has a 4g13 16v sohc. Im finding it hard to find the needed parts such as head gasket, exhaust/inlet values, etc. Anybody has experience buying lancer 4G13 engine parts? I searched in wijerama, panchikawatta and even in ebay! The damn agents have it but who can tolerate their figures?

Another thing. my baas is saying values can be realigned and put again since they are only bent slightly. Is this a normal practice? Also i heard you can cut gaskets locally. But my one is a metal. What are my options?

Call Mitsubishi engine/Parts supplier -Mr Mahinda 0714762223

Use new valves.Buy genuine gaskets only.

MINIACE

Call Mitsubishi engine/Parts supplier -Mr Mahinda 0714762223

Use new valves.Buy genuine gaskets only.

MINIACE

thx for da contact machan. i called him, but he seem to be dealing only second hand parts. btw can i use second hand values? he has stuff for cedia. but my thingie is a brand new model. every part seem to differ slightly and hence impossible to find :( chked da prices at agents. going singapore n bringing down parts by myself is cheaper! :action-smiley-060:

thx for da contact machan. i called him, but he seem to be dealing only second hand parts. btw can i use second hand values? he has stuff for cedia. but my thingie is a brand new model. every part seem to differ slightly and hence impossible to find :( chked da prices at agents. going singapore n bringing down parts by myself is cheaper! :action-smiley-060:

Thanks!

All 4G13 valves are same.Grab what you come across here.List all parts carefully here and will get you contact for each.Need to fire few calls to find G13 head gasket for you.Need to wait till they open up shops.Its still 0830hrs :) Will help you out!

MINIACE

Thanks!

All 4G13 valves are same.Grab what you come across here.List all parts carefully here and will get you contact for each.Need to fire few calls to find G13 head gasket for you.Need to wait till they open up shops.Its still 0830hrs :) Will help you out!

MINIACE

aiyo machan i didnt see ur reply :( yesterday i searched in panchikawatta again n finally able to find da head gasket kit and the valve seals. exhaust/inlet valve quest was in vain - had no more options so i had to go to the agents :violent-smiley-099:

thanks for offering to help machan. i need the car by this weekend that y i cudnt wait any longer <_<

here are the places i bought stuff from:

timing belt - supreme motor house, wiejrama

timing wheel - krishan motors @ watta, panchikawatta (second hand)

adjuster - s.p. auto enterprises, panchikawatta

water pump - pubudu motors, rathmalana

head gasket kit & valve seals - ranasinghe motors, panchikawatta

exhaust/inlet valves & plugs - agents

this is just for the benifit of anyone who is looking for engine parts for a 4G13. hope its not against the rules.

• Thanks 1

how much did it cost you and is it cheap / expensive to replace the whole thing ?

dont ask men. just one valve cost me nearly 3k frm da agents! spent as much as for an engine swap,

but ithin 'nodanna deiyata wada danna yaka hondaine' kiyala hitha hadagena innawa...

Edited by E L N I N O

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks!

MINIACE

Hi MINIACE,

I need to fine the clutch pump (with the arm) for my CS1. Will you be able to help me with any contacts of any suppliers?

Thanks.