• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Building A Drag-able Car

fuzzo

Question

what would be a good base to build a drag-able car in SL... apart from the civic.

and no, i'm not going to do it.. i was just wondering what other cars can be used. (ofcourse this is for the more budget constrained people)

we have seen the following performing well

carina GT

ITR

CTR

MR2

STartlet GT

are there any others which would be good...

• Answers 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

what would be a good base to build a drag-able car in SL... apart from the civic.

and no, i'm not going to do it.. i was just wondering what other cars can be used. (ofcourse this is for the more budget constrained people)

carina GT

ITR

CTR

MR2

STartlet GT

I'm sure there are gonna be a lot of Non-Type-R Civic boys who are gonna be very sad over this post Fuzzo :D

Hell, remember that Beatle with the flamethrower? :D That was damn quick off the line.

I'm sure there are gonna be a lot of Non-Type-R Civic boys who are gonna be very sad over this post Fuzzo :D

no they won't... i have said apart from the civic.. that means the civic is a good base car to mod

no they won't... i have said apart from the civic.. that means the civic is a good base car to mod

ahhh, k then. Have the bases covered :D

Don't think the Imprezas cover the budget folk :D Or the ITRs for that matter...

Edited by Pericles

carina GT

ITR

CTR

MR2

STartlet GT

If I may Add to your post.... MAY I SUGGEST......name your budget car...(Lets say less than 1.5mil) and what you would do to modify......

Fuzzo If you feel I have attempted to hijak your post let me know I will be glad to take it off.....cheers

carina GT

ITR

CTR

MR2

STartlet GT

But is the Civic the BEST base to build a 'draggable'? I suppose the criteria (this being SL) would be:

1. Cost of base car (with Civic, less than 1M)

2. Cost of engine, other conversion parts+labor

3. How much horsepower could be gained

Based on the above, I guess we could determine (scientifically!) which car is the best for modification, and lay rest to all Civic 'myths', if that is the case :D

BTW, ppl, Feel free to post ur opinions on the cars u feel are good, but pls don't make this an argument about which cars are not. Remember this is a Point of View topic. If someone feels its a maruti, let it go, that person is entitled to that opinion.

And Fuzzo, since mentioned its for budget constrained, lets mention a budget, just so ppl don't start putting in expensive cars that can lead to an arguement :D

Edit: hmm, u beat me to it :D

Edited by Pericles

carina GT

ITR

CTR

MR2

STartlet GT

What about the Alteza RS200, that was a pretty quick car coz i did a few runs in it sometime back.. That ought to be a drag-able car, maybe not all that budget oriented though..

If I may Add to your post.... MAY I SUGGEST......name your budget car...(Lets say less than 1.5mil) and what you would do to modify......

Since we are talking about performance mods ....

Let's say you have a Cynos. Well.. if the K&N air filter claims are true. You get a 5% performance increase, once you put one in. Cynos comes 115 ps (113.5 bhp) stock, so an air filter addition should.. theoretically get it close to 120 bhp. Is this realistic ???? If so how much does one K&N performance filter cost ? saw them advertised in the paper....

One other criteria I could add: personally speaking, if I build a draggable car, I will also use it as a daily driver as I can't afford to have one car just for fun and another for daily use. So a NEWER car (with four doors) will score more points as a base for a drag racer for me personally than say an early 90s 2 door hatch. So if the base car is from a (relatively) recent year and is a 4 door, I would prefer it over an older car, even if the car is a bit more/ HP gain a bit less. I know, I am compromising, but hey, we can't all have all we want :D

Let's say you have a Cynos. Well.. if the K&N air filter claims are true. You get a 5% performance increase, once you put one in. Cynos comes 115 ps (113.5 bhp) stock, so an air filter addition should.. theoretically get it close to 120 bhp. Is this realistic ???? If so how much does one K&N performance filter cost ? saw them advertised in the paper....

Well one of the faster cars that we had draggin was a Cynos...it was a freaking *****...awesome car...was silver with white tiger stripes across the rear doors....it kicked alot of ***...even Civic ***.. :D ... anyway long story short the car met wit an accident and no longer races... but at its peak man it beat alot of cars...

Edited by dillongt

ok lets add another criteria.. this should also be a daily driver as well coz the budget oriented folks will definitely not have one car specfically for drags

and again, budget for car should be under 1.5 mil....

but are there alot of mods avaialble for the imprezza... by mods i don't mean a wrx conversion... :D

in theory yes, the no's are ok but practically i don't know if your car will have 113 bhp. over the years, the power of the car MAY have gone down... don't know

anyways, the filter will cost around 7-9K. watch out for fakes!

Well one of the faster cars that we had draggin was a Cynos...it was a freaking bitch...awesome car...was silver with white tiger stripes across the rear doors....it kicked alot of ass...even Civic ass.. :D ... anyway long story short the car met wit an accident and no longer races... but at its peak man it beat alot of cars...

ok lets add another criteria.. this should also be a daily driver as well coz the budget oriented folks will definitely not have one car specfically for drags

and again, budget for car should be under 1.5 mil....

Yeah Andrew the car has potential.. I know :D But I would like to add performance without compromising the fuel economy too much. It gives aroung 12 km/l in city as it is, which is why I bought it in the first place + it was well below 1.5 mil :D

I'm considering about adding a K&N filter due to their claims on 5% perfromance and 10% fuel economy increase. I wonder whether this is realistic and how much it will cost me if it is.

carina GT

ITR

CTR

MR2

STartlet GT

jobless me once did a google search on "Fastest Honda" and i was amazed to see most of them listed as the fastest were mostly CRX, i guess the original CRX(the bit sports model) with only 130bhp was still a good car with double wishbobe suspension and all, but itz tuning potential had held it even higher... after all it was CRX, the tegra and the NSX together that turned the corner for the japs in the US market as good performance alternatives... :D

in theory yes, the no's are ok but practically i don't know if your car will have 113 bhp. over the years, the power of the car MAY have gone down... don't know

anyways, the filter will cost around 7-9K. watch out for fakes!

This was one of my concerns as well, since it is a '94 model. I saw Jeremy measuring the current bhp of cars once on Top Gear. Are there places here with those equipment ?

The advertisers of those filters say they are the authorised distributors (address was in Col 05.. i think)

To me it seem going by the posts in the forums the Honda is a Very modifiable car.....Is this because ?

1. The Honda is inheranty an easily modifiable car or

2. There are tons of Honda owners that are willing and do modify their car that it has become financially viable for vendors to stock Honda modification parts and also bring down technology.

To me it seem going by the posts in the forums the Honda is a Very modifiable car.....Is this because ?

1. The Honda is inheranty an easily modifiable car or

2. There are tons of Honda owners that are willing and do modify their car that it has become financially viable for vendors to stock Honda modification parts and also bring down technology.

combination of both, Pila knows how to ellaborate on point number 1