• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Turbocharging The 2c Engine

JadeyBlitzen

Hello

i'm trying to figure out the best way increase the power of a bone stock 2c-III engine on a cr51

my options so far...

1) fitting a 3c-te engine from a cr42/52 (not the efi version). no questions about that i guess (power 94ps)

2) mounting all the turbo bits (turbo, header, oil lines, etc etc) from a 2c-t engine to the standard engine. would i need to replace the diesel pump in this case? or can i just tune it to suit the new needs? (power 87ps)

3) fitting the head from 3c-te engine (the efi version from an emina). would this be ok with the valve clearance? the 3c has has a CR of 22.6:1 and on the 2c its 23:1. would this have an adverse effect on the conversion? or is it possible at all due to the different architecture of the 2 engine bays? (power hopefully 105ps)

I'm not very fond of getting a new engine from japan partly because there's no guaruntee for mileage or condition of the engine. and mostly because the current block was recently rebuilt and it would be a shame not to use it.

anyway there will be an appropriately sized intercooler going in after the conversion (possibly 5-10hp) and tiny modifications done to the air intake and the exhaust system to gain a coupla more horsepower. any other ideas to jump up the horsepower a bit more?

Many thanks

Edited by JadeyBlitzen