• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Mmt/cvt Gearbox

Chris0628

Hi Everyone,

i'm owned a EG8 sometime back & it was a wonderful car.....then sold it. Since then i have used the Accent (big mistake), Corolla 121, Carina, Bluebird, Premio...and a few more as all of these were given from my company.......

Now they are giving us a option to buy our own vehicle... so i want to go for a EK3... hopefully a automatic (with MMT). i need to know is how reliable & easy to maintain the automatic MMT,CVT or Standard AT is ????

i also found a EK3-1998 model (with MMT) which had done around 120K.....Hoping to have a look @ it this week... So any tips on anything special i should be checking during the test drive ???

Also does anyone know any REALLY good & capable guys that can service & repair Civic's ???

Edited by Chris0628

• 1 month later...

hiiiiiii,

Honda multimatic is one of the best oil efficient engine in Honda brand. Since i have one multimatic ek3, i know the ease of the driving. But you should carefully maintain the gear box. Then no problem. I recomend to buy a multimatic one but before that you should carefully test using a multimatic ( Not a toyota or other brand users ) or Honda specilist. It there is no problem in the gear box or engine, buy and maintain carefully.