• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Lancer Cs3 Auto 1.3l Fuel Consumption

sridanu

Question

Hi all,

Im new to this board and im pretty new to using Cars as well so forgive me if i post this in the wrong forum and if i ask newbie questions.

A few months back i bought a Lancer CS3 Auto 1.3L (2003), Engine : EFI 4313. Right now it has done about 140,000 kms . Currently the average fuel consumption within city limits is around 9 km/l without AC and 7.5 - 8 km/l with AC.

I maintain the car well enough and my driving habits are pretty economical (I think)

The problem is this. About half the people that i asked say that my car should do about 10 - 12 km/l with AC on City limits. And the other half say that this is the average fuel consumption for a car of this type.

If you know about this car type can you please let me know how much on avarage this car should do in city limits with and without AC. And if the fuel consumption of my car is a bit low can you please tel me what could be wrong with my car ?

thanx in advance.

sridanu

3 answers to this question

Hi guys i found out the problem but was a little busy to post the reply.

Anyways the problem was with the Air Filter. (So much for me maintaining my car well enough :unsure: ). I replaced that and did a full service. With that fuel consumption has improved significantly.

Now with AC its doing about 8.5 - 9.5 km/l city limits

and 10.5 - 11.5km /l out station

Hi guys i found out the problem but was a little busy to post the reply.

Anyways the problem was with the Air Filter. (So much for me maintaining my car well enough :unsure: ). I replaced that and did a full service. With that fuel consumption has improved significantly.

Now with AC its doing about 8.5 - 9.5 km/l city limits

and 10.5 - 11.5km /l out station

This should be normal bro.