• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Jan*sha*thi Workshop Repairs

MAS

Hello,

Met with a small accident a couple of hours ago. I knocked a car from behind and my front bumper needs some repairs. The JS insurance guy advised me to take my vehicle to their workshop for the necessary repairs.

Just wanted to get some feedback from others who have used the JS workshop. The good and the bad pls!

Tks.

Hello,

Met with a small accident a couple of hours ago. I knocked a car from behind and my front bumper needs some repairs. The JS insurance guy advised me to take my vehicle to their workshop for the necessary repairs.

Just wanted to get some feedback from others who have used the JS workshop. The good and the bad pls!

Tks.

Hey just want to share similar experience. I too had a accident of that nature. The JS assessor gave me a quotation for Rs14800- I said I will check with my garage. Three days later I got a check in the post for Rs28,000-!!!

On your question, I remember reading somewhere that Insurance companies have to use OEM parts and repair as to manufacturer standards. Not sure if its applicable in SL!

Guys- J'shakthi has a list of approved garages that do repairs (aside from the crap list they maintain). One of them belongs to Michael Muthumani- very good work i am told, near Vauxhall street (can't remember the name).

If you are a bit more particular about the fit/finish of work done, i will recommend you DO NOT let Jshakthi do the work themselves (ie. let them select the garage).

They (and many mainstream insurers) do not honour brand new parts policy for repairs (that's how they screw an insurer)- even if you are under full insurance (unless your car is brand new).

Edited by gunat

If you are a bit more particular about the fit/finish of work done, i will recommend you DO NOT let Jshakthi do the work themselves (ie. let them select the garage).

we can pick the garage ourselves from the list right?????

sorry for running bit OT, does anyone have any inside info into suspension of Jan*sha*thi???????????? i can't help but to come up with conspiracy theories due to the connections and influences the owner of their biggest competitor has