• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Windscreen Issue

Is there a way to prevent water to remain on the windscreen? because my car's windscreen catches thin layer of water during rain (viper blades are new and in good condition).

Some suggests that applying wax/polish to windscreen will prevent this. Any idea?

Is there a way to prevent water to remain on the windscreen? because my car's windscreen catches thin layer of water during rain (viper blades are new and in good condition).

Some suggests that applying wax/polish to windscreen will prevent this. Any idea?

What do you mean??? Doesn't the wiper push all the water away? :unsure:

after wiper wiped the windscreen, mist kind of of effect remain on windscreen for small time. So hard to drive during night + rain

Never apply ordinary wax. Use RAIN-X available at M*t*rCa*e.

Never apply ordinary wax. Use RAIN-X available at M*t*rCa*e.

It does work... for the best results clean the windscreen with a windscreen cleaner solution first and apply Rain-X. dry or wet wipe. Will be very useful in the comming rainy season. Around Rs. 800/-

after wiper wiped the windscreen, mist kind of of effect remain on windscreen for small time. So hard to drive during night + rain

your blades should be able to wipe off water even without things like rainX being used IMHO...

Maybe you should try and meddle with the wiper arms a bit to ensure they are putting enough pressure on the windscreen as it's wiping...

also getting good blades too helps a lot in my view... I used to buy fake bosch blades and had some issues... no such issue with my wurth blades :)

yeah it does work like that. Sometimes in light rain, I don't even have to turn the wipers on 'cos it just clears away for the wind speed

The other thing you should do is make sure your windshield is "clean" ... I know you may have washed it well but sometimes, regular washing doesn't take away the extra layer of oils/dirt. If you have a clay bar, that'll help OR a good ammonia based glass cleaner will help too. I use it on the outside and inside and then make sure I don't manually wipe the inside (only use the defroster; unless it's really bad) 'cos it leaves marks and they appear when it fogs up the next time.

I think better to have a good pair of original wiper blades. When you are buying these kind of stuff be careful with the fake products as "Ripper" said. Because I had this same issue in My Familia. That time i had fake Bosch blades. But i have changed the blades (couldnt remember the brand). Bought it from Panchikawatha.

Problem has solved. :)

A good windscreen repellent like Rain-x and a pair of good quality wiper blades will help you out.

MINIACE

Very True. Rain-x helps to extend the life time of the wiper blades as well b'cos the need of the viper is less frequent in a downpour. Intermittent setting of the viper is adequate in most of the time. I bought my pair of blades (Wurth) on 22-sep-07 and still use them without any problem. (I just checked the records... :rolleyes: )

I bought my pair of blades (Wurth) on 22-sep-07 and still use them without any problem. (I just checked the records... :rolleyes: )

Yeah I bought a set of Wurth blades last year,Soon after Mini club AGM...wow !!

MINIACE