• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alloys For Toyota Vitz

murshidm

Hi all. this is my first post.. hope you'll keeping fine. I want your guys opinion on couple of things.

I bought a unreg Toyota Vitz 2003. Which came with 13" normal tyres. I would like to give it a nice look by putting an Alloy wheel set.

2002_Toyota_Vitz_01.jpg

1. Is it recommended to go for a bigger tyre size to enhance the looks. ex: 14" will it decrease the performance or any other aspects (fuel consump.) of the vehicle?

2. Who are the good alloy wheel dealers. and what are the general prices for a 13" 4 pc set?

Appreciate your comments.

Mur

Hi all. this is my first post.. hope you'll keeping fine. I want your guys opinion on couple of things.

I bought a unreg Toyota Vitz 2003. Which came with 13" normal tyres. I would like to give it a nice look by putting an Alloy wheel set.

2002_Toyota_Vitz_01.jpg

1. Is it recommended to go for a bigger tyre size to enhance the looks. ex: 14" will it decrease the performance or any other aspects (fuel consump.) of the vehicle?

2. Who are the good alloy wheel dealers. and what are the general prices for a 13" 4 pc set?

Appreciate your comments.

Mur

http://www.smartwheels.biz/benefits-of-alloys.php

i think 14"s are ur best option. cos 15s are going to be pretty heavy. heck i got 15s on mine. they weigh in at 7.3 kg at each corner. anything lighter than that should be ok. and make sure you get the offset right. it should be 45mm. and tyres over 175 are pointless too if urs is a 1.0. if i were you i'd get the original 14" vitz wheels imported from japan. they'll look pretty good on ur car.

8555080001_large.jpg

14" have been addressed.

You can also go with 15 or 18s.

185/60/15 215/35/18 will all fit that car. Main concern should be the aspect ratio which you need to keep to as close to factory specs as possible so your spedo and gas mileage will not be off. Use the link below to calculate your aspect ratios.

http://www.net-comber.com/tirecalc.html

I have some pictures of two cars with 15" and 18" which I'll post later.