• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pamper Your Tires With N And Pump Xtra Premium

ash

I pumped my tyres with nitrogen today. will update about it after couple of weeks.

let us know how it goes machan.

And others who've pumped N, please give feedbacks on comfort, pressure level duration etc. Thanks. V

Edited by virensti

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 3 weeks of N, my tyres seem underinflated. Gonna check them out tomorrow.. and yes, the i filled with N, it seemed very bumpy, compared to the same PSI of normal air.

Exactly! Let me know how low its got k? Man this Nitrogen thing is now making fools of us. (well for normal tyres not talking about low profiles) :(

Exactly! Let me know how low its got k? Man this Nitrogen thing is now making fools of us. (well for normal tyres not talking about low profiles) :(

My initial fill with N was on 14th June, with 29 PSI (tyre size 195/55 15) Had them checked today, and the left front had gone down to 25 PSI, and right front to 26. Both rear tyres were 28 PSI.

I'm switching back to normal air...! :angry:

My initial fill with N was on 14th June, with 29 PSI (tyre size 195/55 15) Had them checked today, and the left front had gone down to 25 PSI, and right front to 26. Both rear tyres were 28 PSI.

Cheers mate! Gonna do the same here. And whats more your profile is alot less than mine. my tyres are 185/65/R14 and mine were down from 28psi to 25.5 26 ish all round. so :action-smiley-060: for N then. :( . dad already laughed when i said i'm switching back to normal air.. he was against the N from the start saying its pointless. :blink:

Just pumped the N only 2 days ago, 31 psi in front and 30 for the back tyres (225/45/17) feel a bit stiffer than normal, but no other significant issue or difference.

Will update if there is any drop in pressure.

[quote name='CARBON' date='Jul 25 2009, 07:45 PM' post='100475

Just pumped the N only 2 days ago, 31 psi in front and 30 for the back tyres (225/45/17) feel a bit stiffer than normal, but no other significant issue or difference.

Will update if there is any drop in pressure.

okay, let us know how it goes with the low prof pressures. we checked the N on ours last sunday and topped it up, today I checked again 1PSi down on All the tyres!! :angry-smiley-024: Bloody rubbish!! :violent-smiley-030:

we checked yesterday and on the front right tyre 1.5 pis low and front left only 1 psi low, all 2 rear tyres abt 1 psi low

after how long machan? when was your last top up?

its my friends car, as i remember 225, 40 17,

i see, so now thats two people who've gotten positive outcomes from N in their tyres, and both are low prof's.. mean anything for us normal tyre users?? :unsure:

Edited by virensti

hi

i have using N gass for a long time and itz only problem is it bit bouncy and plus point it good for the life time of the tires.

As when you pump on N gass itz fluctuating the tire pressure by a bit ( i meen goes up or down by a bit ) in the early morning or cool tyres itz allways tire presser bit down and when you run for a while it will be the Psi you pumped in as the tyre get warm it inflate a bit may be accourding to tyre heat it might go up as i pump 28Psi for my lowprofil tires after long run tyre inflate atoung 28.7psi or 29.

also when pulling up tyre first make sure the tyre is empty and fill up Nitrogen and as if normay air still in side it will reduse the tyre presser mixing with normal air in side for that you have to keep cheaking the tyre presser for a couple of time.

hi

i have using N gass for a long time and itz only problem is it bit bouncy and plus point it good for the life time of the tires.

As when you pump on N gass itz fluctuating the tire pressure by a bit ( i meen goes up or down by a bit ) in the early morning or cool tyres itz allways tire presser bit down and when you run for a while it will be the Psi you pumped in as the tyre get warm it inflate a bit may be accourding to tyre heat it might go up as i pump 28Psi for my lowprofil tires after long run tyre inflate atoung 28.7psi or 29.

also when pulling up tyre first make sure the tyre is empty and fill up Nitrogen and as if normay air still in side it will reduse the tyre presser mixing with normal air in side for that you have to keep cheaking the tyre presser for a couple of time.

well i was thinking even though it maybe good for the tyres, its NOT good on suspension! and whats more i thought N was supposed to keep stable temperatures at all times? specially when it over heats. which is the main reason why race tyres and plane tyres etc use N. and we've pumped the N 3 times now (with the first time change) so i'm guessing that should've been enough to get rid of the remaining air. <_<

Edited by virensti

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys. well just a quick update bout the N.. i somehow stuck to the N.. and now results are showing.. ride is still bouncy and uncomfortable.. but i checked the tyres about a week ago and that was after 2 weeks, and the tyres had dropped only 0.4-.06 psi. and then after last week i checked this week, rear tyres down by 0.1 psi, front tyres up by 0.2 psi! :blink: its as if the tyres needed to get seasoned with N before they could show the results! :lol: io just dont get it.. :blink:

hey guys. well just a quick update bout the N.. i somehow stuck to the N.. and now results are showing.. ride is still bouncy and uncomfortable.. but i checked the tyres about a week ago and that was after 2 weeks, and the tyres had dropped only 0.4-.06 psi. and then after last week i checked this week, rear tyres down by 0.1 psi, front tyres up by 0.2 psi! :blink: its as if the tyres needed to get seasoned with N before they could show the results! :lol: io just dont get it.. :blink:

The initial variability would have been due to the residue of 'normal air' in the tire- which must have cleared now. IMO

hi

correct me if i remember wrong, but isnt one of the plus points of using 'N' the fact that it doesnt expand or change tire pressure despite temperature changes?

correct me if i remember wrong, but isnt one of the plus points of using 'N' the fact that it doesnt expand or change tire pressure despite temperature changes?

Correct.. N still fluctuates- but far far less than standard air- also people will have different opinions on this based on what the conditions were when they checked air pressure

Yaek!!! i too hav pumped N for my 406 and felt like removed the suspension. Got back to normal air yesterday :blink: . front tire pressure was down by 1 but rear got same even after a month.

lol. we're all suffering that mate. I'm just keeping it cause the tyre pressure's aren't dropping at all now.. Although i'm wondering how much more the car can take before the bushes just break and the suspension collapses.. :unsure:

lol. we're all suffering that mate. I'm just keeping it cause the tyre pressure's aren't dropping at all now.. Although i'm wondering how much more the car can take before the bushes just break and the suspension collapses.. :unsure:

hahaa.. but still its good for tires!! :angry-smiley-048: