• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pamper Your Tires With N And Pump Xtra Premium

ash

here's a boring report!!! :P

i have an ae100 sprinter...

all 4 tyres are GT radials... not low profile, not even alloys...the usual "yakada" wheels :)

pumped normal air over 1.5 months ago....

didn't refill till yesterday when i got them checked...

lost about 1-2 psi in all 4 tyres :lol:

and yeah... i aint "buying" 95% nitrogen when i'm already pumping nearly 80% Nitrogen in normal air :)

i think it's all just marketing BS :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's a boring report!!! :P

i have an ae100 sprinter...

all 4 tyres are GT radials... not low profile, not even alloys...the usual "yakada" wheels :)

pumped normal air over 1.5 months ago....

didn't refill till yesterday when i got them checked...

lost about 1-2 psi in all 4 tyres :lol:

and yeah... i aint "buying" 95% nitrogen when i'm already pumping nearly 80% Nitrogen in normal air :)

i think it's all just marketing BS :)

Agreed! Got RID of the N today, pumped in normal air.. :D ahhhh *sigh of content* the comfort.. the bliss. lol. at least it was worth a try :D got a good lecture from the old man bout falling for advertising gimmicks and blah blah as well. :lol:

• 1 month later...
correct me if i remember wrong, but isnt one of the plus points of using 'N' the fact that it doesnt expand or change tire pressure despite temperature changes?

Dilesh

You obviously have not done A/L physics!! Had you even slept in a physics class, you would know that ALL gases expand when the temperature increases. If it does not, its not a gas!!

• 1 month later...

Pulling up an old thread coz i pumped N today after speaking lot against that and arguing on the N percentages in normal air all that. Machine removed remaining air completely and filled N. Inflated at 31 as manufacture recommended pressure is 33 and they recommended 31. Ride is marvelously great after that and i have to disagree on the bumpy part coz no more thuds i hear and it seems absorbing the road impact better.

I went to an ioc station in kohuwala just to chk the tire pressure after a car service and saw a 3 wheeler guy pumping N into his tuk tuk and i was like suiciding on the spot coz i went there to fill the tires with normal air whereas these fella was tryna show of with his N filled tuk tuk!

I went to an ioc station in kohuwala just to chk the tire pressure after a car service and saw a 3 wheeler guy pumping N into his tuk tuk and i was like suiciding on the spot coz i went there to fill the tires with normal air whereas these fella was tryna show of with his N filled tuk tuk!

He he heee... This is Sri Lanka ne machan :)

this is wrong attitude, how do we call it a show off? Also you can't relate it like since you're pumping normal air, trishaw guys too should pump normal air. simply he might've pumped N to enjoy a hassle free ride these guys are marketing and promising. And a trishaw can inflate tires with N at a far more better price than to a car.

Pulling up an old thread coz i pumped N today after speaking lot against that and arguing on the N percentages in normal air all that. Machine removed remaining air completely and filled N. Inflated at 31 as manufacture recommended pressure is 33 and they recommended 31. Ride is marvelously great after that and i have to disagree on the bumpy part coz no more thuds i hear and it seems absorbing the road impact better.

That might have more to do with the lower pressure than the N dude.

That might have more to do with the lower pressure than the N dude.

could've agreed with you if i had running on 33 all the time. I used to run on 28 on all four corners and last week pumped 33 to see whether is there any improvement on fuel. This is even better than 28 with normal air

could've agreed with you if i had running on 33 all the time. I used to run on 28 on all four corners and last week pumped 33 to see whether is there any improvement on fuel. This is even better than 28 with normal air

Hmmm... That changes things. But its still not gonna tempt me :)

Hi,

I have been using N since September on 235/50/18 tires. I pumped 30 PSI (same pressure when I used normal air). There is a noticeable difference in the ride. The harsh ride you generally associate with low profile tires is much less (for me) when compared to running on normal air.

I am very happy with the change to N.

Cheers.

Hmmm... That changes things. But its still not gonna tempt me :)

lol thought very much the same and it was a paradigm shift within a half an hour. Without being suspect i thought to try it out and find out by myself. So far i'm pleased, also the prices will come down in the long run.

are you sure this is not a placebo effect?

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Savin...mOverblown.aspx

Interesting article...

Call me old fashioned, but I believe religiously on weekly tire pressure checks, regular servicing with ONLY the recommended lubricants AND sensible ownership.

will checkout the article, thanks but i'm pretty sure it's not placebo. Also i'm not after loosing of tire pressure issue as i'm regularly checking and vigilant about tire pressure and as a result paying the tire shop the same amount or probably more in 6 months time. Also regular air compressors having excessive amount of moist capture inside and will eventually go into the tire and result in pressure fluctuations and even oxidizing the wheels which in return cause leaks through the edge. Last week i got cleaned the wheel edges of the lancer due to the same issue. Even the alloy wheel had oxides on the edge.

will checkout the article, thanks but i'm pretty sure it's not placebo. Also i'm not after loosing of tire pressure issue as i'm regularly checking and vigilant about tire pressure and as a result paying the tire shop the same amount or probably more in 6 months time. Also regular air compressors having excessive amount of moist capture inside and will eventually go into the tire and result in pressure fluctuations and even oxidizing the wheels which in return cause leaks through the edge. Last week i got cleaned the wheel edges of the lancer due to the same issue. Even the alloy wheel had oxides on the edge.

http://www.tyresave.co.uk/nitrogen.html

machang, I don't consider giving 20 -30 Rs every week to a poor Pump attendant to check my tires as a serious drain on my finances... :) All your points though have scientific merit, but it doesn't justify a radical change. the situations you mentioned wont happen in car rims even after 5-10 years. Besides, taking in to considering the punishment tires take in these road conditions, oxidation within th rim is the last of our worries.

machang, I don't consider giving 20 -30 Rs every week to a poor Pump attendant to check my tires as a serious drain on my finances... :) All your points though have scientific merit, but it doesn't justify a radical change. the situations you mentioned wont happen in car rims even after 5-10 years. Besides, taking in to considering the punishment tires take in these road conditions, oxidation within th rim is the last of our worries.

i for once thought reason for not going for N is the cost consideration, but if you're paying and ready to pay a pump attendant 20-30 a week, defa N would be cheap. Also if this poor pump attendant can provide moisture filtered air out of a compressor which drains condensed water every other day i don't mind pumping normal again. But when the costs are equal and quality is high i don't see a reason for not pumping N. Will keep you'll updated, so far i'm enjoying the change.

• 1 month later...

told my dad of the benefits and told him to pump N to our new tyres.

the guy at the station has told him "wadak nah mahaththaya. meka gahala minissi ayeth enawa honda naha kiala"

:D

but im gonna try this out

Hi!

My first post on Autolanka! :-)

I have a CR42 with 205/65/15 tyres and I've pumped Nitrogen and felt the difference.

- ride feels alot smoother than before. my tyre size is a lil bigger than recommended so it wasnt giving a very comfortable ride. this improved it.

- used to have to check tyre pressure once a week but now the tyres seem to be holding better

- steering feels a lil bit looser too.. but maybe itz just in my head!

one thing I didnt notice was any visible improvement in fuel consumption. must keep a watch on this.

Adios!

At last i've thought of giving a try by myself by pumping Nitrogen! normally i pump 28psi all around my 185/70 R13. shall i pump the same amount of Nitrogen or do i have to pump less?

asked the same question from pump attendent and said -2 PSI, i didn't get the logic but pumped -2 than i had.

asked the same question from pump attendent and said -2 PSI, i didn't get the logic but pumped -2 than i had.

Pump attendent pumped -2 psi first time for me. but when I went for my next top-up, I got him to pump the usual 30psi. Feels better this way.