• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A/c For Lancer 1st Gen

GajaYa

Hey guys I need details about fixing an A/C to a LANCER A72 (1st GEN) Flatlight GL

Well it has the Saturn engine in excellent condition..........

Where can i get an A/C unit.........is it to be fixed separately as for the 4DR5s (Separate unit) or can i get fixed to the vents on the dash...

will there be any loss of engine performance.......?? of course the petrol consumption is gonna be high...........

and don't forget to mention the price.............

thanks....

Edited by GajaYa

some lancer flatlights came with a/c but I assume that yours does not have

yes you can fix the a/c the most compatible compressor to fix will be a a mazda one as the original lancer flatlight AC units are not available now,there might be a slight very slight loss of power sometimes but it all depends on the way its installed

most flatlight cars with a/c use the vents above the gearbox cover for the a/c as the blower uses that as well,very few have the a/c cooling from the dasboard vents on both ends (but this might need some work though)

I cant say with authority about the full costs but ur looking at at around 35k for the full job

good luck with it mate and keep us posted and also post a pic of ur car too

Hey guys I need details about fixing an A/C to a LANCER A72 (1st GEN) Flatlight GL

Well it has the Saturn engine in excellent condition..........

Where can i get an A/C unit.........is it to be fixed separately as for the 4DR5s (Separate unit) or can i get fixed to the vents on the dash...

will there be any loss of engine performance.......?? of course the petrol consumption is gonna be high...........

and don't forget to mention the price.............

thanks....

some lancer flatlights came with a/c but I assume that yours does not have

yes you can fix the a/c the most compatible compressor to fix will be a a mazda one as the original lancer flatlight AC units are not available now,there might be a slight very slight loss of power sometimes but it all depends on the way its installed

most flatlight cars with a/c use the vents above the gearbox cover for the a/c as the blower uses that as well,very few have the a/c cooling from the dasboard vents on both ends (but this might need some work though)

I cant say with authority about the full costs but ur looking at at around 35k for the full job

good luck with it mate and keep us posted and also post a pic of ur car too

yup mate thanks i chked few places and they said it would cost around 30-35........yup im on ma way doing it....so hopefully ill finish up and put up the pix....................

• 1 year later...

Gajaya,

I am also interested in doing AC for a lancer station wagon A72, hoe did you do the job was it ok after all.pls respond

<!--quoteo(post=95910:date=May 28 2009, 10:14 PM:name=rman2000)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rman2000 @ May 28 2009, 10:14 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=95910"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->some lancer flatlights came with a/c but I assume that yours does not have

good luck with it mate and keep us posted and also post a pic of ur car too<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yup mate thanks i chked few places and they said it would cost around 30-35........yup im on ma way doing it....so hopefully ill finish up and put up the pix....................