• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Engine Revs Up During Shifts

virensti

Question

Guys need abit of advice. Everytime I change gear, weather at low RPM or high RPM, the revs ALWAYS go up. If I shift at about 2000 rpm's from 1st to 2nd, the revs go up by about 250 rpm's. and yes my foot is completely off the accelerator. If i floor it and at about 2600 rpm's quickly release the accelerator and press the clutch pedal, the rev's jump up to about 3600 rpm's. and at 6000 rpm's if i change gear the rev's go to cut off point (6600) before i can engage the next gear. Yes people i am 100% sure my foot is completely off the acceleretor pedal. The car has done 91,000Km's and it runs on strictly 95oct petrol and mobile super s plus synthetic 10w-40 (semi synth) engine oil and K&N air filter. It has gotten a EFI tune up etc. Other than this problem, the car acceleration is really good, does 10km/l in colombo and has no problems at all. oh its 1.5E Vios by the way. I showed it to the guy at the garage that does our service and tune up etc. he said that its normal in all cars. But I know for a fact that's not true. Any idea's as to why this might be guys?

Edited by virensti

Bruce Motor Sports Thalahena...!!!

Thanks man, where abouts in thalahena? near the thalahena junc? or more towards koswatte? Shall go there toms :D

Hey guys, just to say that i got the injectors checked and there working fine, and the car had a stuck vvt-i unit and that's been solved too. But the car is STILL the same.. So does anyone know of people with other manual gear vios's ? Just find out if they have the same problem as mine please (engine revving up while you shift). Thanks guys. PCV valve everything's fine btw.

Hey guys, just to say that i got the injectors checked and there working fine, and the car had a stuck vvt-i unit and that's been solved too. But the car is STILL the same.. So does anyone know of people with other manual gear vios's ? Just find out if they have the same problem as mine please (engine revving up while you shift). Thanks guys. PCV valve everything's fine btw.

Dude... you seem to be having a severe amount of issues with your Vios lately.

Dude... you seem to be having a severe amount of issues with your Vios lately.

I know..

I'd love to sell it and get a different car, but in order for me to do so, it'll have to be a complete trade. And unless I get a car thats worse, thats not gonna happen.(cause obviously no ones gonna give me a better car for this one) :( so have to deal with this one. <_<:( sigh.

Edited by virensti

does the check engine light come ?

does the check engine light come ?

Well from the time we got the car it's been revving up during the shifts(no the check engine light wasnt on). but after yesterdays vvt unit service yeah the check engine light is on now. but i'm taking it back tomorrow so it'll be sorted out hopefully.

Edited by virensti

Well from the time we got the car it's been revving up during the shifts(no the check engine light wasnt on). but after yesterdays vvt unit service yeah the check engine light is on now. but i'm taking it back tomorrow so it'll be sorted out hopefully.

machan i they didnt manage to sort is out take it to senok, cus yesterday i saw they doing few vios, go and talk to Jehan and hell sort it out for sure

machan i they didnt manage to sort is out take it to senok, cus yesterday i saw they doing few vios, go and talk to Jehan and hell sort it out for sure

hmm my dad used to work at senok might have some contacts. Thanks machan, but i'm taking the car toms back to the garage to check the "check engine" light and to change the sparks, so hopefully it'll be sorted. Thanks machan, just try and look for people with other manual gear vios's and ask them and let me know if they have the same probs kz? thanks.

hmm my dad used to work at senok might have some contacts. Thanks machan, but i'm taking the car toms back to the garage to check the "check engine" light and to change the sparks, so hopefully it'll be sorted. Thanks machan, just try and look for people with other manual gear vios's and ask them and let me know if they have the same probs kz? thanks.

first all of take the car to someone who has the unit that can plug to ur car and see whats the CEL error u getting, normal garage people dnt have this unit, so its better to take it to agents to check the CEL code

when the CEL comes in its easy to sort out the issue but take it to a propere place,

first all of take the car to someone who has the unit that can plug to ur car and see whats the CEL error u getting, normal garage people dnt have this unit, so its better to take it to agents to check the CEL code

when the CEL comes in its easy to sort out the issue but take it to a propere place,

Yeah machan, I'm taking it to Bruce Nigel, he's the one who did the vvt unit service, and he has a laptop which has the scanning equipment, he couldn't plug it in after the vvt service cause we finished it 4 in the morning!! So tomorrow he'll plug it in and sort it out. Thanks alot machan. cheers.

Machan scanned it and it was a factory code error, so we checked online and it was a pending error code on the vvt-i system, the vvt valve over-ring isnt there so the vvt is staying permanantly open. Will be putting the over-ring today. =) thanks for the help machan.

p.s guys keep checking any other manual gear vios's your'll find pls (regarding the engine revving up during the shifting). thanks. V

Machan scanned it and it was a factory code error, so we checked online and it was a pending error code on the vvt-i system, the vvt valve over-ring isnt there so the vvt is staying permanantly open. Will be putting the over-ring today. =) thanks for the help machan.

p.s guys keep checking any other manual gear vios's your'll find pls (regarding the engine revving up during the shifting). thanks. V

machan get the error code and double check with the agents,

machan get the error code and double check with the agents,

Machan I just called the agents, and they said they dont give info online and to take it there and let them check. I'm not gonna do that cause for that tiny check they'll write up a rubbish bill and charge me about 4-5 k ! I'm not gonna take my car to Toyota purely cause their prices are just outrageous! But thanks alot for the advice machan. Really appreciate it =)

Machan I just called the agents, and they said they dont give info online and to take it there and let them check. I'm not gonna do that cause for that tiny check they'll write up a rubbish bill and charge me about 4-5 k ! I'm not gonna take my car to Toyota purely cause their prices are just outrageous! But thanks alot for the advice machan. Really appreciate it =)

kool machan, hope u sort out ur issue soon, all the best

kool machan, hope u sort out ur issue soon, all the best

Thanks machan, today got a free scan done at otters club, they were having a promotion, (some arabian motors place), and they confirmed it was a vvt malfunction. so i most probably will have to replace the vvt valve.. and now i'm dreading going to Toyota and asking the price of that.. :blink::(:unsure:

hey everyone, just to update this topic, the car is still the same. still keeps revving up during gear changes. :( replaced the clutch,pressure plate and bearing on wednesday. PCV valve, TPS everything fine. I'm truely at a loss to explain why this is happening.. and for now my only assumption is, that this is normal in the vios.. for some #%^#%& reason! :unsure:

Edited by virensti