• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

World's Most Expensive N Hardest Advertisement

ruwds

Ppl check this out...

http://www.steelcitysfinest.com/HondaAccordAd.htm

This Advertisement for the new Honda Accord was shot in real time with no CGI involved in the sequence. It required 606 takes and cost $6 million to shoot and took 3 months to complete.

Without watching I can say that it's not THE most expensive advertisement ever made. The most expensive ad ever cost a helluva lot more, at 27million euros for Chanel perfume.(I know cos I came across it for a paper i was doing) However this must be the most expensive car ad ever made, and 3 months is a helluva long time to shoot an ad.

Btw here's an interesting page about the Honda ad: http://www.snopes.com/autos/business/hondacog.asp

*Goes off to watch it*

Without watching I can say that it's not THE most expensive advertisement ever made. The most expensive ad ever cost a helluva lot more, at 27million euros for Chanel perfume.(I know cos I came across it for a paper i was doing) However this must be the most expensive car ad ever made, and 3 months is a helluva long time to shoot an ad.

Btw here's an interesting page about the Honda ad: http://www.snopes.com/autos/business/hondacog.asp

*Goes off to watch it*

Damn, Snopes users are few and far between. :)

I think I first saw this add when I was still in Uni. Yes, its THAT old.

There are six and only six hand-made Accords in the world. To the horror of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them to make the film.

When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten. They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real.

i had heard of this add.. i think i read about it in AUTOCAR... but it onlyu had a few stills of it....

its an amazing add indeed!!!

does anyone have this add in a downloadable format.. as afiel that we can keep rather than go online to watch it..

thanks

i had heard of this add.. i think i read about it in AUTOCAR... but it onlyu had a few stills of it....

its an amazing add indeed!!!

does anyone have this add in a downloadable format.. as afiel that we can keep rather than go online to watch it..

thanks

Do you use bittorrent? The first link off the Snopes site gives you the torrent file you need when you click "play creative."

that's http://www.imediaconnection.com/content/2110.asp

I didn't look whether it works or not though the torrent file downloaded for me. If it does work and you download it its yours to keep. Since it's old there may be nobody seeding it. I hope I'm not promoting anything not so legal here :)

Ppl check this out...

This Advertisement for the new Honda Accord was shot in real time with no CGI involved in the sequence. It required 606 takes and cost $6 million to shoot and took 3 months to complete.

3 months and $ 6 mil....

the design itself must have taken a lot of time.. very smart...

though i'm a bit puzzled as to how the wheels roll up the plank like that.. i'm guessing they have wieghts attached on one side?

I agree.... and if may add... I dont like the wipers moving like it's lost it's legs or something... reminds me of a sombie movie...

heheh!!! good one...

but for something that was ACTUALLY DONE and not animated its quite an effort...all thay syncronizing!!

and the patience thinking "this is the one .. its gonna work this time.. yes yes yes.. NOOOO" :blush:

3 months and $ 6 mil....

the design itself must have taken a lot of time.. very smart...

though i'm a bit puzzled as to how the wheels roll up the plank like that.. i'm guessing they have wieghts attached on one side?

yes in that site it said that there were weights attached on one side of each wheel and that made it possible to roll them up the slope cos the wheel rolled due to the weight tryin to balance itself.