• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Is A9 Open. Can We Go Upto Jaffa Now

lakshank

Guys...have few questions...not sure whether u guys have answers for them. If you do, then please share. We are planning a tour to jaffna in August.

1 ) Is A9 open legally. I saw in a news paper about a week ago that the A9 will be open in the coming weeks. is this true.

2 ) Do you guys know of any holiday bungalows in Jaffna.

3) Any holiday bungalows in Trinco.

4) How to book if there are any.

thanks in advance.

I can answer to only to this question. We went to Trinco last month and stayed in Nilaveli Beach hotel. You also could try Club Oceanic. An Amex card holder gets a special offer on JKH’s (2nd night free).

Make sure when you go, you carry a copy of your vehicle registration, VALID revenue license (original) :punish: , and make sure you know the exact place where your Chassis # and engine # engraved. :action-smiley-060: These little things will make you save lot of time and hassle when you’re returning after the journey. Talking with experience. <_<

Otherwise a very nice journey to enjoy, not much of through checking as well. :rolleyes:

Edited by ash

Guys...have few questions...not sure whether u guys have answers for them. If you do, then please share. We are planning a tour to jaffna in August.

1 ) Is A9 open legally. I saw in a news paper about a week ago that the A9 will be open in the coming weeks. is this true.

2 ) Do you guys know of any holiday bungalows in Jaffna.

4) How to book if there are any.

thanks in advance.

A9 is open only for cargo convoys.Govt allowing only 25 lorries in one convoy to move up.Not allowed to stop or slow enroute.

I dont think the A9 will be practically open to gen publics so soon.There are plenty of holiday spots in penninsula.Will get you the info.

Welcombe Hotel Trinco is a good hide-out.Over looking lagoon/sea.Very good service..excellent food.Reasonable rates too.I was there early March.Need the contact number?

MINIACE

Hi mini,

yea please send me the contact no. If we cant make it to Jaffa, Trinco would be a sure go then.

how are the rates etc, our group consist of almost 30.

cheers.

Security is great.Not far from heart of Trinco ..orrs Hill.Close to harbour too.Cost me under 5K full board.They have the capacity for 30.Will PM you the city tour Guide Mr Placidus' Mobile.

Welcombe Hotel

026 222 23 73

MINIACE

• 1 month later...