• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Primera P11 Engine Mounts- Help!!!!!

VVTi

Question

I replaced 3 out of 4 of my engine mounts last week with Japanese sourced Rubbers. (Pressed in to the old mount Housing). As far as I know, we did it as per the original factory positions. But since the engine was remounted, at idle speeds the car shakes like a Vibrator on Nitro. Past few days the intensity has dropped dramatically due to the rubbers seating and stretching themselves. But the damn annoying rattle is still there. Today loosened all 4 bolts and ran for a few hours and tightened them up again hoping that engine will find it's own natural equilibrium, STILL the jarring is there. Less though. Car performs fine otherwise, apart from the bone jarring vibration every time I take the foot off the gas to change gears.

Experts, any idea what the hell is wrong?? All other culprits were checked and double checked. (Breaks, Shocks, suspension, harmonic balancer, racers, etc etc)

To be honest, I am left with only buying new Nissan Sourced Mounts, that will really set me back.... which I am trying to avoid at all costs. Second hand parts are out of the question as I cannot be guaranteed that invisible cracks will not screw me later.

2 answers to this question

I replaced 3 out of 4 of my engine mounts last week with Japanese sourced Rubbers. (Pressed in to the old mount Housing). As far as I know, we did it as per the original factory positions. But since the engine was remounted, at idle speeds the car shakes like a Vibrator on Nitro. Past few days the intensity has dropped dramatically due to the rubbers seating and stretching themselves. But the damn annoying rattle is still there. Today loosened all 4 bolts and ran for a few hours and tightened them up again hoping that engine will find it's own natural equilibrium, STILL the jarring is there. Less though. Car performs fine otherwise, apart from the bone jarring vibration every time I take the foot off the gas to change gears.

Experts, any idea what the hell is wrong?? All other culprits were checked and double checked. (Breaks, Shocks, suspension, harmonic balancer, racers, etc etc)

To be honest, I am left with only buying new Nissan Sourced Mounts, that will really set me back.... which I am trying to avoid at all costs. Second hand parts are out of the question as I cannot be guaranteed that invisible cracks will not screw me later.

Which mount did you not change? Gearbox by some chance? It may help to remove all mounts at reinstall them as the engine height may not have been adjusted correctly when fixing the new ones.

P11 mounts are mostly universal- you can buy unbranded ones at quarter of the price of the original

Which mount did you not change? Gearbox by some chance? It may help to remove all mounts at reinstall them as the engine height may not have been adjusted correctly when fixing the new ones.

P11 mounts are mostly universal- you can buy unbranded ones at quarter of the price of the original

Hey, thanks, the culprit was the large mount that we DID NOT CHANGE!!! Sigh!! Its all smooth now!! Thanks.