• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Changing Rpm

NN820

Question

I have toyota Starlet EP82 model car. When engine in idle mode, engine rpm is going to change from low rpm to high and reverse. In low RPM there is excessive vibration also. this is repeatedly happened. I did engine tune Up also, but still available. What could be the reason for that? Some time there is small engine miss also. Engine temperature is also higher than earlier.

Should I replace any part?

7 answers to this question

I have toyota Starlet EP82 model car. When engine in idle mode, engine rpm is going to change from low rpm to high and reverse. In low RPM there is excessive vibration also. this is repeatedly happened. I did engine tune Up also, but still available. What could be the reason for that? Some time there is small engine miss also. Engine temperature is also higher than earlier.

Check air filter

Sure the tune up was not applied correct.Get it re-done from a qualified technician.Engine temp higher is the key indication here.Hows the smoke? Engine runs a rev o two after ignition cut-off? Anyways not a big issue.

MINIACE

Hi NN820, Welcome to Autolanka forum. :)

As MINIACE mentioned, tune up was not applied correct. Other than that .......

Is your car is EFI ? If its please check the throttle body. sometimes they have decrease the engine speed as very low RMP range (standard range should be 750 RMP).

Is there any problem, after when you switch on the AC? If its please clean & adjust the AC idle-up sensor (i think its in the throttle body) from the qualified technician. Because this has arised to my Mazda Familia also (not engine in idle mode, its running with AC only). Some technicians said the problem is in the ECU system and AC sensor.

From Pa*la Auto guys has clean this sensor & checked the ECU system. After that issue has fixed. But after one or two weeks again it has arised. Still could'nt fix this my machine also :(

Will better to find a good place to do this...

Edited by Prami

As mineace mentioned, tune up wasn’t applied correctly. Check with Mac*o Auto tech, Nawala, but pls ask for the PRICE first as they tend to charge high rates for their services. But buggers know what they are doing. In my Corolla 121, it had a rich air-fuel mixture, I checked with Toyota Lanka, a well-known tune up guy (cant publish the name), and some other garage but everybody said its a rich mixture but no one seem to know how to reduce it, Since 121 ECU is a fixed thing, you cannot override any of its values. But when i go to Mac*o auto tech, they scanned it (ODB) and changed a knob located next to the air filter. according to them that knob is for change the mixture to rich-lean (vice-versa). and my problem solved. Anyone can do it but you need a OBD II scanner to see the figures while changing it. That’s my experience. Hope it helps.

I had the same issue where after a little bit of running, the engine would stall in neutral or low RPM.

Today I got together wit a friend of mine who is an expert cleaned around the throttle door.

There was some carbon residue.

Went for a drive and got back, and everything seems fine.

Maybe u shud jus try this before visiting a shop.