• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Civic Vi

VPJ

hi everyone...

i recently bought a ek 3 vi year 1999. what is the best place to get the gearbox oil changed?? this is CVT box.

and i want to get a full check up done too.......what are the ares that i should focus more on?? gear box ...suspension etc...

and what is the normal interval between oil changes under average driving conditions??

appreciate comment from all of you.........

thanxx

thanks. im taking it to the agents on saturday....

by the way you all think 16.4 millon is ok for a ek3 VI , 1999 with 95k on the clock one owner??

by the way you all think 16.4 millon is ok for a ek3 VI , 1999 with 95k on the clock one owner??

I think U mean 1.64Mn, isn't it? unless U plan to make the Guiness world records or something.. :)

Edited by seeker

I think U mean 1.64Mn, isn't it? unless U plan to make the Guiness world records or something.. :)

bit too high me think i reckon 14.5 or 15 is the mark

Edited by YALA

I think 1.64M is too much for EK3 1999 as well. If you come across any around 1.3M - 1.4M let me also know. :jumping-smiley-013:

I think 1.64M is too much for EK3 1999 as well. If you come across any around 1.3M - 1.4M let me also know. :jumping-smiley-013:

there was a one advertised on h..ad two weeks back. 1998 for 1.48 ml. did you see that?? that doesnt have the rear crytals. this one is crystal and english plate.

sorry mates.....1.64 million..........

Thats a good deal . Assume car is rear crystal lights and english numbers. Slight concern on the CVT gear box, and would be good if the car was maintained with agent.

A 99 ViRS will be around 1.8 to 2.0, so the difference is justifiable.

But I also saw mannual Accord for that price range, which I though is a much better deal than a Civic. But unfortunately thats the way Sri Lankan second hand market is.....

Anyways its a little too late to know if you overpaid or underpaid after you have alreay bought it.

Thats a good deal . Assume car is rear crystal lights and english numbers. Slight concern on the CVT gear box, and would be good if the car was maintained with agent.

A 99 ViRS will be around 1.8 to 2.0, so the difference is justifiable.

But I also saw mannual Accord for that price range, which I though is a much better deal than a Civic. But unfortunately thats the way Sri Lankan second hand market is.....

Anyways its a little too late to know if you overpaid or underpaid after you have alreay bought it.

yeah i know...little too late..!! its rear crystal and GO xxxx ...

so far the CVT looks ok....good pick up too.

i saw the accord but had a concern on the fuel consumption.

i think EK is better on fuel. it did around 12 on my trip to kandy.

there was a one advertised on h..ad two weeks back. 1998 for 1.48 ml. did you see that?? that doesnt have the rear crytals. this one is crystal and english plate.

Yes i think crystle light came for 99/00 model. There was one 302- number for 1.45M in a same but i din't for it b'cos it was Exi not Vi /Vti

vi fuel is good it got the econo light option too. so u can run with it fror max fuel,normally 99-00 come with rare christal but few98 late versions got it too,well some times the301 2000 ek go arnd 1.5mn ..so this car if u cn get arnd1.6mn wd b cool as its vi..

my vi with tuned i chips ecu,spoon throttle &4 branch,4.9 final drive, racing cam n lot of other mods( cant let out all the secrets ha ha) do abt 10kml city so a normal version wd do 12kml esily

my vi with tuned i chips ecu,spoon throttle &4 branch,4.9 final drive, racing cam n lot of other mods( cant let out all the secrets ha ha) do abt 10kml city so a normal version wd do 12kml esily

took it to agents and got cvt and engine oil changed. they adviced to change the drive shaft boot too but didnt have time. so i must take it on a weekday. they didnt diagnose anything alse. have a problem with the retarctble mirrors since it doesnt retract though the motor is working. where can i get this fixed?? and a part of the rear civic ferio badge is broken. where can i get a replacement ?? please help....

took it to agents and got cvt and engine oil changed. they adviced to change the drive shaft boot too but didnt have time. so i must take it on a weekday. they didnt diagnose anything alse. have a problem with the retarctble mirrors since it doesnt retract though the motor is working. where can i get this fixed?? and a part of the rear civic ferio badge is broken. where can i get a replacement ?? please help....

waiting for a reply mates.....

go to darly road tissa electricals in front st joseph ..they do good in electric stuff also 4 yo mirror..end of darly road few shops with car badges try them out..anything else we see later

go to darly road tissa electricals in front st joseph ..they do good in electric stuff also 4 yo mirror..end of darly road few shops with car badges try them out..anything else we see later

thanks a lot mate. will update you as soon as i get it done.

• 1 month later...

Hi did you got your mirror fixed, I have a problem with my left side mirror too. i can adjust it but once i press retract button only right hand side work.. left side give some "takas .. takas noice for about 10 seconds and nothing happen.

I am hoping to remove it by my self to see if the motor id displaced, because i can hear motor works fine.