• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Future-->honda = Vtec + Turbo

isurujosh

Click here

norm0orig8jq.jpg

norm4orig8im.jpg

Turbocharged Acura RDX prototype debuts at North American International Auto Show

Honda of America has issued the following press release:

The highly anticipated Acura RDX Prototype SUV debuted today at the North American International Auto Show. Combining sport utility with sports sedan handling and performance, RDX features an innovative 2.3-liter four-cylinder turbocharged engine, Acura's exclusive Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD), and is designed to redefine the entry premium SUV segment. This near-production prototype provides an advance preview of the all-new RDX that will go on sale this summer.

"The RDX Prototype represents the forward thinking that will be seen in the next generation of Acura light trucks," said John Mendel, senior vice president, Auto Operations. "It is loaded with leading edge technology and it exemplifies what we call intelligent performance: a sporty, luxurious and functional SUV that has outstanding performance yet is also fuel efficient."

RDX features an all-new 2.3-liter i-VTEC® four-cylinder turbocharged engine that generates 240 horsepower and 260 lbs-ft of torque. This is the first application of forced induction technology in Acura history. The revolutionary i-VTEC Turbo technology uses a variable flow turbocharger, which is exclusive to the RDX, and provides dramatic performance benefits while maintaining excellent fuel efficiency. To complement the all-aluminum high-performance engine, the RDX utilizes Acura's steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters to manually operate the 5-speed sequential SportShift automatic transmission.

i guess thisis the direction most suv's are going. the xtrail GT is also a powerful machine.

guys guess what fuzzo has bought a x trail gt n has put an intel chip 2 it n now chasing girls in it n wants a fast engine to get away from our poor hondas...dragster u better add some to this mate B)B);)

Honda also has a few hybrids running with electric motors that kick in to back up the gasoline engine and certain rpm, to produce more power. But the thought of an economic turbo & vtec combination is mouth watering..

hey kris u r my friend but i dint know that u smoke pot (grass/ganja) n fly in yo honda :lol::lol::lol:

guys guess what fuzzo has bought a x trail gt n has put an intel chip 2 it n now chasing girls in it n wants a fast engine to get away from our poor hondas...dragster u better add some to this mate B);):lol:

hey kris u r my friend but i dint know that u smoke pot (grass/ganja) n fly in yo honda :lol::lol::lol:

Nope thats just me being socially responsible!! B)

He he nope never really had a go at pot or any kind of smokes for that matter! :lol:

mmmm sight 4 sore eyes i just love those 3 words ivtec ,dohc , turbo... man they keep on coming better n better..way 2 go honda... B)B)

hey machan rashmi told me when u fix a turbocharger to a vtec engine u have to remove the vtec, cus ECU cant controll turbo and vtec together and he told me something about fuel maps but cant remember ( Any Idea ? )

Gihan Out-

mmmm sight 4 sore eyes i just love those 3 words ivtec ,dohc , turbo... man they keep on coming better n better..way 2 go honda... B)B)

I L I K E Y O U R A T T I T U D E (towards Honda i mean :mellow: )

Honda also has a few hybrids running with electric motors that kick in to back up the gasoline engine and certain rpm, to produce more power. But the thought of an economic turbo & vtec combination is mouth watering..

Interesting point made there (I guess) about "economic turbo" may be the real idea behind VTEC + turbo may to extract best fuel econo out of a TURBO Engine...

Can some one please comment on the possible motive behind adding VTEC on to Turbo, i mean VTEC does not seem to have added lotz of Torque or even horse power. The evo engine(even the non MIVECs) seem to extract more power from the cylinder capacity than this VTEC Turbo.

• 3 months later...

mmmm sight 4 sore eyes i just love those 3 words ivtec ,dohc , turbo... man they keep on coming better n better..way 2 go honda... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Add AWD to that list ...

The all-new 2007 Acura RDX Entry Premium SUV, made its production debut at the New York Auto Show today. RDX combines Acura's first-ever turbocharged engine with the breakthrough Super Handling All-Wheel Drive (SH-AWD), for sports sedan-like handling in a SUV package.

http://www.globalautoindex.com/news.plt?no=1440&nl=y

HEY man RACERS EDGE ..Since u no more abt the hondass

What is DOHC ..and i-vtec is it sum visual Intake ?

dude... DUHC isnt just honda.. almost all carmakers have it...

it refers to Double Overhead Camshaft....

this is just a google result i got for u...

http://www.allpar.com/eek/cams.html

but i suggest you read it after exams :rolleyes:

btw, guys the first result when u search for DOHC on google is "Department of Health and Children " :rolleyes:

and WCC, as for V-tel look for it on the net after exams :rolleyes:

dude... DUHC isnt just honda.. almost all carmakers have it...

it refers to Double Overhead Camshaft....

this is just a google result i got for u...

http://www.allpar.com/eek/cams.html

but i suggest you read it after exams :rolleyes:

btw, guys the first result when u search for DOHC on google is "Department of Health and Children " :rolleyes:

and WCC, as for V-tel look for it on the net after exams :rolleyes:

indeed every car maker has DOHC, even cherry QQ has, but when Honda has it, itz VERY VERY VERY mean for a N/A car