• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Pulling Power Ce 110

YALA

Hi guys a collegue of mine is having a problem with his car and asked me wut i reckon the problem is this is the first time i heard of such a case so im putting it out to the experts on the forum...

the guy bought this car a month ago and it was running normal...but since of lately when the car is started and engaged to D the vehicle does not move. (This is an automatic transmission car) this happens in the mornings or when the car has been stopped for a long time periods like 6 hours. but the vehicle moves when the gear is engaged to L and after about 100 yards of driving when the gear is changed to D the gears enters and works as it is suppose to... wutd u guys reckon the problem is???....any input is much appreciated

Hi guys a collegue of mine is having a problem with his car and asked me wut i reckon the problem is this is the first time i heard of such a case so im putting it out to the experts on the forum...

the guy bought this car a month ago and it was running normal...but since of lately when the car is started and engaged to D the vehicle does not move. (This is an automatic transmission car) this happens in the mornings or when the car has been stopped for a long time periods like 6 hours. but the vehicle moves when the gear is engaged to L and after about 100 yards of driving when the gear is changed to D the gears enters and works as it is suppose to... wutd u guys reckon the problem is???....any input is much appreciated

have your friend changed auto gear oil?

yeh he had taken it to the garage and the mechanic had noticed that the oil level is low and had topped it up..not sure wut the oil is though..

Hey mate

I used to have the same prolblem with my previous car CE110, AT.

there are 2 reasons for this particular problem.

1. as you mentioned, its due to low ATF level, or the oil is too old and

2. sorry to say that you probably have to change the gear box and it cost around Rs.35,000 in my case.

yeh he had taken it to the garage and the mechanic had noticed that the oil level is low and had topped it up..not sure wut the oil is though..

when you change the oil you have to change the oil using a machine. first you change the AT oil and see. if u want a gear box tel me.

thanks guys will inform my friend about it and keep you guys posted

When you are using a machine to change ATF, make sure to clean the attached filter. When the gear box gets older, this particular filter get clogged with a metal cream like substance. And from my experience, its better change ATF manually.

You know why?

When you are changing ATF using a machine, you won’t get the chance to clean the filter and you wouldn’t wait till the color of the oil which goes through your gear box is equal to the new fluid color. Cos if you wait that long you are simply gonna waste a lot of oil plus money just to match color. So when you stop early, you still have a bit of old oil in your system.

When you are doing it manually, same issue arises, nearly half a liter of ATF remain in the gear box. But you get the chance to clean the filter, using less oil and the cost will be very less than the machine change.

hey guys found out that the filter was clogged and he got it cleaned..so all is good now...thanks everyone for the info

See.. You ll never get the chance to clean the filter if you change it by a machine. For ATF change, always go with the manual process.

See.. You ll never get the chance to clean the filter if you change it by a machine. For ATF change, always go with the manual process.

Hi GUys

I have also heard that manual process is the best for changing the ATF. Do u know any places to get that done other than the agents ?

rgds