• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

4dr5 Low Milage

Janith Seneviratne

Question

i hv a J44 jeep it used to gv a good milage, but now for few weeks it drinks diesel, it needs about 4ltr to go from narahenpita to battaramulla n back it used to do more, any advice wt to do, as i knw usually in normal conditions these engine at least do 10 km/ltr, 12 - 13 max when in topping conditions with 4 wheel on, i hv full time 4 wheel cz no lockin hubs

2 answers to this question

i hv a J44 jeep it used to gv a good milage, but now for few weeks it drinks diesel, it needs about 4ltr to go from narahenpita to battaramulla n back it used to do more, any advice wt to do, as i knw usually in normal conditions these engine at least do 10 km/ltr, 12 - 13 max when in topping conditions with 4 wheel on, i hv full time 4 wheel cz no lockin hubs

full time 4 wheel in absence of locking hubs isn't exactly correct mate, though your front diff turns with wheels doesn't mean full time 4 wheel unless you select from the lever. Yes it has an impact on fuel efficiency. Have you installed new tires? Big off road tires? I had this same issue and at the same time engine oil level went up. Ended up repairing the pump for the second time in 4 moths coz diesel pouring into the oil lines of the pump. Also check any leaks from diesel lines and any abnormal sound in injectors while running.

full time 4 wheel in absence of locking hubs isn't exactly correct mate, though your front diff turns with wheels doesn't mean full time 4 wheel unless you select from the lever. Yes it has an impact on fuel efficiency. Have you installed new tires? Big off road tires? I had this same issue and at the same time engine oil level went up. Ended up repairing the pump for the second time in 4 moths coz diesel pouring into the oil lines of the pump. Also check any leaks from diesel lines and any abnormal sound in injectors while running.

yea sry i gt d full tym 4x4 thing, i ddnt changed anything for awhile, and there r no big tires in my jeep, normal road tires, this happened suddenly, now its like a week this started happen i checked my milage it only does around 3-4km per ltr, i only added a 2" lift, do u knw a good mechanic who checks ryt, i mean a honest guy, i checked the diesel lines but there were no problem in it, n thanx for the replyin