• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi J44 Dash Meters

Janith Seneviratne

is this two dial gauge or 5 dial and how sure you're about it's gauge faulty not the fuel level sender or temp plug or wiring is faulty.

i checked it, it the two dial gauge, the coils inside are burnt, n the sender works fine under the parameters of 20 - 120 Ohms, n i wiring is also works fine, no broken wires

i checked it, it the two dial gauge, the coils inside are burnt, n the sender works fine under the parameters of 20 - 120 Ohms, n i wiring is also works fine, no broken wires

one of hard parts to find in J44, in fact i'm in the market for both the speed gauge and two dial gauge since someone installed 5 dial meter and it's not original for J44 although every damn meter is working :). I came across a brand new speed dial gauge and asking price was 45,000! i gave up, and I'm awaiting a good news within this weekend coz I have the black meter panel with me only require the two dial gauges, will shed a light if I come across of any info.

one of hard parts to find in J44, in fact i'm in the market for both the speed gauge and two dial gauge since someone installed 5 dial meter and it's not original for J44 although every damn meter is working :). I came across a brand new speed dial gauge and asking price was 45,000! i gave up, and I'm awaiting a good news within this weekend coz I have the black meter panel with me only require the two dial gauges, will shed a light if I come across of any info.

i already hv an extra 5 dial meter set which comes with J55, bt if i install it, i'll loose the original looks, so now im thinking of leyland fuel n temp gauge n attach it :)

putting a 5 dial meter sets takes the looks so i've been thinking of using a Leyland Floater, Temp Sensor and there gauges

hold on, u said you're after the originalty, so what'll happen when you install leyland gauges? If you're only replacing your busted gauge coils using leyland coils then thats fine. Otherwise better to install 5 dial gauge coz less hassle money and stil that's mitsubishi

hold on, u said you're after the originalty, so what'll happen when you install leyland gauges? If you're only replacing your busted gauge coils using leyland coils then thats fine. Otherwise better to install 5 dial gauge coz less hassle money and stil that's mitsubishi

the thing is if i put the 5 dials i would hv to dig a whole in the dash board, am i right, its worse than attaching a leyland, and i checked my meters and i dnt think we can replace the coils of it, cz if i cn i would probably go 4 it, do u knw sum1 who cn do that, n i want a really need a fuel gauge cz i think i hv sum problem in my fuel consumption cz i dy i went from nugegoda to nawala and piliyandala and back to nawala n again to maharagama with 10ltrs and when im cuming back from maharagama to nugegoda, engine stopped "no fuel", so as early warning need a gauge, any ideas on wt 2 d on that, is really replacing the diesel pump fix this ????, n btw if u knw sum1 who cn repair gauges tell me plz

the thing is if i put the 5 dials i would hv to dig a whole in the dash board, am i right, its worse than attaching a leyland, and i checked my meters and i dnt think we can replace the coils of it, cz if i cn i would probably go 4 it, do u knw sum1 who cn do that, n i want a really need a fuel gauge cz i think i hv sum problem in my fuel consumption cz i dy i went from nugegoda to nawala and piliyandala and back to nawala n again to maharagama with 10ltrs and when im cuming back from maharagama to nugegoda, engine stopped "no fuel", so as early warning need a gauge, any ideas on wt 2 d on that, is really replacing the diesel pump fix this ????, n btw if u knw sum1 who cn repair gauges tell me plz

replacing 5 dials if you have the dash also is straight forward. Attached is how it's fixed in mine. However for your diesel consumption, check for leaks and immediately check whether engine oil level rise up and oil becomes thinner. In my case I had to remove the pump and repair it coz the D-valves and a seal in Hand pump was broken so diesel pours into engine oil lines and oil level kept on rising.

28062009013d.th.jpg

Edited by harshansenadhir

replacing 5 dials if you have the dash also is straight forward. Attached is how it's fixed in mine. However for your diesel consumption, check for leaks and immediately check whether engine oil level rise up and oil becomes thinner. In my case I had to remove the pump and repair it coz the D-valves and a seal in Hand pump was broken so diesel pours into engine oil lines and oil level kept on rising.

28062009013d.th.jpg

no oil level rising, found 1 problem there's a little diesel leak in tank where the fuel line connects, now its fixed, bt still it uses about Rs. 500 diesel to go from nugegoda to kaduwela to koswatta to kaduwela n back to nugegoda, is it normal or if its not the should be the diesel pump 1f my frnd told me dnt replace the diesel pump, go to a pump worker n tune it

28062009013d.th.jpg

no oil level rising, found 1 problem there's a little diesel leak in tank where the fuel line connects, now its fixed, bt still it uses about Rs. 500 diesel to go from nugegoda to kaduwela to koswatta to kaduwela n back to nugegoda, is it normal or if its not the should be the diesel pump 1f my frnd told me dnt replace the diesel pump, go to a pump worker n tune it