• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan/toyota Double Cab Or Townace/vanette Which Is Better For Long Journy

asankaN17

depending on how many people you have to take with you and where you are going the choice of vehicle would vary...if it consists of less than four people and/ or rough terrain or bad roads...ie visiting sites/ projects in isolated areas the double cab is definetly needed...if its more than four people and/ or road conditions and accesibility is pretty decent then you should go for the van....i personaly use a double cab because its mainly used by my self and maybe one passenger and i dont have a problem as to the terrain or road issues much...

Go for the Townace / Liteace, try the 4WD versions CR51/52 , they can cope up with reasonable amounts of rough terrain and are quite reliable with loads of space.

Edited by tiv

from wut i remember about the cr51/52 the vans which cm to sl had a common prob of engine being under compression or is it the Cr27 which had the problem.....so better check thoroughly if are going for one

Edited by YALA

from wut i remember about the cr51/52 the vans which cm to sl had a common prob of engine being under compression or is it the Cr27 which had the problem.....so better check thoroughly if are going for one

I thought the issue was with earlier manufatured dolphins.. I hv a Townace 4WD CR36 which clocked 300K of mileage b4 an engine overhaul... Downside is the lack of pick up power compared to a non 4WD version.

Id say go for a cab if which is far more practical if u r running for long periods on sunny weather coz da townaces without AC curtains tends to get a tad hot with only frontal Ac's mid day;)

As i know CR 51/52 having less pulling power. Machan oshad, hw a b da Delica P25 its the combination of D/Cab and van. B)

JC

i'd go for a cab...a van maybe a tad bit more economical(if that) but you cant compare the versatilitya nd the ruggedness of a cab with a van...but i must say the the cab is a bit uncomfortable compared to a van,specially the backseat,and the turning circle is not that great either...

Yes you are right. The earlier vehicles CR51/41 series with the 2C engines had the compression issue.

As i know CR 51/52 having less pulling power. Machan oshad, hw a b da Delica P25 its the combination of D/Cab and van. B)

JC

Quite right, turbocharged with separate 4WD transfer box