• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Does Hafei Manufactures Mitsubishi Engines

Thanushka

Hi All,

Yesterday I went to the Auto Vision Motor show and had a little chat with the Micro Guys. They told me that due to cost cutting issues all the Mitsubishi engines are made in China by Hafei. So all the Micro cars comes fitted with Mitsubishi engines and transmission system.

Is it true? Any one know anything abt it?

Edited by Thanushka

Micro comes with a Mercedes engine. And a SangYong transmission (or was that MB too).. hoever that spoke to you probably wasnt from Micro and was just pulling your leg dude. I dont think there's any link between Micro and Mitsubishi

actually that little car they make, the privilege i think it's called, is a Hafei Lobo which has been rebadged. So that might be what he's on about.

Rebadged Hafei Lobo = Micro Trend

Hafei makes Mitsubishi Engines under licence and the Micro MX-7 (again a rebadged Hafei) comes with one.

Ssangyong makes Mercedes Benz Engines and Gearboxes under licence. (In the 90's Ssangyong used to have a JV with Mercedes Benz, where they also produced the MB100 van.)

Edited by samishka

Micro comes with a Mercedes engine. And a SangYong transmission (or was that MB too).. hoever that spoke to you probably wasnt from Micro and was just pulling your leg dude. I dont think there's any link between Micro and Mitsubishi

No Machan,

I'm talking about their Cars not about the jeeps. The guy is a Micro representative who was at the micro stall. And Micro MX 7 is coming with Mitsubisihi engine and transmission, I just want to know whether other cars(New Privilege, Trend and MPV) is also coming with Mitsubishi under the hood. That guy said all the Micro vehicles come with Mercedes and Mitsubishi engines and transmission.