• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Daihatsu Hijet

Riz

Question

I have a Daihatsu Hijet mini van 650 cc, EFI, If any good soul could advise me on this problem.

1) After starting, at idle the engine speed raises and decreases this continues till the

engine reaches a certain temprature

2) Sometimes the van doesnt accelarate after the tempreature meter reaches half and

engine stalls, engine starts again when cold

3) Could here a "BUF" noise on idle and accelaration (Perhaps unburnt fuel)

Took t van to a nearby garage, fellow sprayed little bit of injector clearner was quite ok, but t miss was there,

after 15kms or so engine stalled again and No (2) again.

Perhaps i think should buy a injector clearner and fuel clearner and clean the throttle body n c,

Any adise on this pls

7 answers to this question

I have a Daihatsu Hijet mini van 650 cc, EFI, If any good soul could advise me on this problem.

1) After starting, at idle the engine speed raises and decreases this continues till the

engine reaches a certain temprature

2) Sometimes the van doesnt accelarate after the tempreature meter reaches half and

engine stalls, engine starts again when cold

3) Could here a "BUF" noise on idle and accelaration (Perhaps unburnt fuel)

Took t van to a nearby garage, fellow sprayed little bit of injector clearner was quite ok, but t miss was there,

after 15kms or so engine stalled again and No (2) again.

Perhaps i think should buy a injector clearner and fuel clearner and clean the throttle body n c,

Any adise on this pls

sounds like a fuel air mixture issue to me. How quickly this was developed? Cleaning throttle body is good and check for any obstacles in air cleaner. Start the diagnose from simple such as spark plugs. Check for bad or blaken out plug tip. Clean and run the engine for sometime and check again to see whether they're black again. If plugs are good this is sign of rich mixture injected or injector not spraying properly. Check air flow sensor and intake air temp probe. If all good check the injectors and coil pack. Try to get hold of an additional coil pack and injector rail to test these. Would be easy to isolate the issue. Good luck in diagnose

sounds like a fuel air mixture issue to me. How quickly this was developed? Cleaning throttle body is good and check for any obstacles in air cleaner. Start the diagnose from simple such as spark plugs. Check for bad or blaken out plug tip. Clean and run the engine for sometime and check again to see whether they're black again. If plugs are good this is sign of rich mixture injected or injector not spraying properly. Check air flow sensor and intake air temp probe. If all good check the injectors and coil pack. Try to get hold of an additional coil pack and injector rail to test these. Would be easy to isolate the issue. Good luck in diagnose

Thnks buddy, infact i cleaned t plugs and ran and checked t plugs again were good, probably as u said i too felt the issue may be due to a rich mixure, i have been using carb cars for many years , if it was a carb issue i would have diagnosed by now, not very much familiar with EFI's, is there any way i cud clean t air flow senors (spraying cleaners) and also will sprays work.

Thnks buddy, infact i cleaned t plugs and ran and checked t plugs again were good, probably as u said i too felt the issue may be due to a rich mixure, i have been using carb cars for many years , if it was a carb issue i would have diagnosed by now, not very much familiar with EFI's, is there any way i cud clean t air flow senors (spraying cleaners) and also will sprays work.

give it a try though i'm not sure if the sensor is doggy you would gain anything, try to diagnose with a diagnosing tool to see is there any sensor faults.

give it a try though i'm not sure if the sensor is doggy you would gain anything, try to diagnose with a diagnosing tool to see is there any sensor faults.

Is there any place where i could chek the sensors in Colombo 06 or vicinity, since there s a garage down Saranankara Road Au** For** said they dont have the computer programme to check Daihatsu Hijet. Checked the coils ok, Cleaned t throttle body ,air cleaners , plugs were black and cleaned and refitted.

1) Can rich mixuture occur due to a senor fault, how much sensor check would cost , which sensor probably at fault

2) Any other recommendations pls

i brought a daihatsu hijet cargo 650cc EFI van,milage 69000km when buying, two months before i have this problem

1)many people taold van will run 15km per litre of patrol..but sice i start using it runs only 10km without A/C,and around 8km with A/C..i m little bit confuse about the efficency of engine..

2)and having strong petrol smell when i strat the engine..(may be unburn feul)

plz give some advice how to improve this

i brought a daihatsu hijet cargo 650cc EFI van,milage 69000km when buying, two months before i have this problem

1)many people taold van will run 15km per litre of patrol..but sice i start using it runs only 10km without A/C,and around 8km with A/C..i m little bit confuse about the efficency of engine..

A proper tuneup will help you as step one.Do one and see.

MINIACE

as miniace pointed out do a full tuneup and don't drive your vehicle like you stole it(be gentle with the throttle).