• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Air Baubles Coming On Radiator

BAnuradha

I m planning to buy a Nissan Double cab. 1983. 40-XXXX. I open the engine and saw a oil leak in middle packing. I started the engine and open the radiator. Then I saw there are some air baubles coming on radiator. The owner is saying that he had no troubles with this cab and even he did not care about that oil leak.

1.Is this problem in gasket??.

2. How much will the repair cost.

Thanks

Anuradha

I m planning to buy a Nissan Double cab. 1983. 40-XXXX. I open the engine and saw a oil leak in middle packing. I started the engine and open the radiator. Then I saw there are some air baubles coming on radiator. The owner is saying that he had no troubles with this cab and even he did not care about that oil leak.

Thanks

Anuradha

yep, the air bubbles sound like a blown gasket... does he run out of water/coolent often? and if there's an oil leak too it sounds like a badly blown gasket.. if he's still running it liek that he might just mess up his head too.

The repair will depends on the parts that need replacing. And it being an old vehicle, an overhaul might be around the corner too. Not the most comforting thoughts when buying a vehicle.

Thanks

Anuradha

It can also be a crack in the head (the worse case), But compared to new engines theses parts are not that expensive.