• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ac Issue

ThunderBolt

Question

Hi all

I have a FORD laser 2001 model car. my issue is regarding AC.

1. when i switch on AC i feel the pulling power of my car goes down.

2. When driving for some long hours with AC suddenly even the AC is on i get the blower only. this happens during the day time.

Please advice me on the fault and a place to get it fixed

9 answers to this question

Hi all

2. When driving for some long hours with AC suddenly even the AC is on i get the blower only. this happens during the day time.

I think its a compressor problem. Pls go to a AC shop soon before it gets in to worse. maybe its a minor issue. I ll PM you about a place which i know.

Yes it is some thing wrong with the compressor. When it over loads and temperature goes up automatically clutch release.

i recommend you a place if you are closed to kandy road, next to pattiya junction towards the new bridge next to ishara car sale. The name is some thing like air frost. They are profesional in AC.

Yes it is some thing wrong with the compressor. When it over loads and temperature goes up automatically clutch release.

i recommend you a place if you are closed to kandy road, next to pattiya junction towards the new bridge next to ishara car sale. The name is some thing like air frost. They are profesional in AC.

Or is it cool wave or soft wave ??? anyways how is there work ? and charges ?

Or is it cool wave or soft wave ??? anyways how is there work ? and charges ?

My car ( FB13 Nissan) had the same problem ( i.e Some times blower only). the fault was in the blower switch. I changed it and now it is ok. If you are near maharagama, there is a place to check inbetween maharagama piliyandala road, just near the arravvala

Hi all

Stop putting the a/c otherwise problem will become worse.

Hi all

Except others advise I suspect this is a problem of your condenser fan. Check that when AC is on both of your fans are working. If the fans are not working after some time condenser will go high pressure and AC cut off by high pressure cut off switch. When pressure becomes normal it will normalize again.

I recommend only one place. From Mirisswatta towards Gampaha it is Bandiyamulla there is a cemetery, in front of that there is a wheel alignment place & adjoining AC place. Both places are good, although I am staying in Wattala I go there for both the works. :rolleyes:

RPM loss when AC is switched on is normal.To compensate the drop off that the idle up is there. It looks like that’s not functioning and that’s a simple job.

AC turns to blower could happen when your pre set max cooling temperature reaches. If it happens too early and in short frequency you need to check the thermostat. If you don’t feel a loss of temperature when the AC is on auto blower mode and it turns on again before you sense, your system runs perfectly alright.

If not get the thermostat and relevant electrics to compressor checked. A faulty pressure regulating device or a flawed evaporator intermittently discontinue the system.

Take your babe to a good AC joint.Anyways AC servicing and repairs not that complicated, very clear-cut. But you must choose a good place.

Good luck mate!

MINIACE

ThunderBolt

pay attention to what ACE said above. If the A/C guy suggests right away replacing the compressor, evaporator (they call it the cooler) and this and that, leave immediately and find another place

pulling power dropping a bit when AC is turned on is quite normal. If engine does not speed up when at idle and AC is turned on, it could be a minor issue like a disconnected hose in the idle-up device.

as for the the sudden stoppage of cooling, the probable causes can be:

a) thermostat set too high or faulty

'B) loss of current to condenser fan (one / two) in front of the radiator or faulty fan motor

c) loss of current to AC clutch or a cut off valve due to loose connection, faulty switch or relay

d) system shutting down the compressor as a safety mesure due to overheating or exessive preassure in the circuit

the mechanic must troubleshoot the above in a systematic order before taking a dive into your pocket by suggesting replacement of expensive parts

Edited by HardHat