• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Impreza Sti 7 And 9 Versions

jaga

Recently I saw two sti s are advertised and sti7 version is for 4 million+ and another sti9 version for 6million+,

could one of experts please explain the difference between two versions and whether the above prices are reasonable.

thanx,

jagath

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subaru_Impreza_WRX_STI

Hope this link helps.

9 is the most recent of the STi series before the Impreza turned into the 3rd generation 'granny hatch'.

7 is the first 'restyle' of the Impreza based on the original rally winning classic version (ie. STi 1 to 6, GC chassis code).

STi 7-9 are GD chassis Code, started with the 'bug-eye' headlight version, ending with the new-age wavy look you see in the 9.

Recently I saw two sti s are advertised and sti7 version is for 4 million+ and another sti9 version for 6million+,

could one of experts please explain the difference between two versions and whether the above prices are reasonable.

thanx,

jagath

as i know that STI7 has the STI9 look, i saw senok converted a STi7 to 9, only visual mods, but u cant see any different from outside and it exactly look like a 9,

The STi 7 has the "bugeye" headlights. Its not that good looking. The STi 9 for me is the best looking STi, its the one with the sexy front headlights and the Ferrari like Nose. It's a much more advanced car in terms of handling and engine performance. (Some say it has the best handling out of all STi's) the STi 7 was released in 2001 (i think) and the STi 8 was released in 2002 and the STi 9 in 2006. If you got the cash to spend, best is to go for the STi 9. Its also the most comfortable. I just love it. Driving under 3000 rpm you can get quite reasonable fuel efficiancy (for a 2 litre engine) and its silent and smooth with a brilliant sound system and good A/C. and not to mention that you get pasted back once the turbo kicks in. :rolleyes:

The STi 7 has the "bugeye" headlights. Its not that good looking. The STi 9 for me is the best looking STi, its the one with the sexy front headlights and the Ferrari like Nose. It's a much more advanced car in terms of handling and engine performance. (Some say it has the best handling out of all STi's) the STi 7 was released in 2001 (i think) and the STi 8 was released in 2002 and the STi 9 in 2006. If you got the cash to spend, best is to go for the STi 9. Its also the most comfortable. I just love it. Driving under 3000 rpm you can get quite reasonable fuel efficiancy (for a 2 litre engine) and its silent and smooth with a brilliant sound system and good A/C. and not to mention that you get pasted back once the turbo kicks in. :rolleyes:

Thank you very much friends for valuable informations.

I have seen many different type of the "Bug Eye " and the blacked out one looks really hot. Does this have something to do with Porsche ?

I have seen many different type of the "Bug Eye " and the blacked out one looks really hot. Does this have something to do with Porsche ?

Yeah they made quite a few. And I suppose its personal taste, I said its not that good looking cause alot of critics and people round the world have voiced the same opinion (so its not just what I think) umm Porsche? :unsure: Don't get you on that one mate..

Yeah they made quite a few. And I suppose its personal taste, I said its not that good looking cause alot of critics and people round the world have voiced the same opinion (so its not just what I think) umm Porsche? :unsure: Don't get you on that one mate..

I thought the round light was put so the car resembles the classic round light on the Porsche. Also know that Porsche had something to do with the B4, so was wondering if the design on the " Bug Eye " had something to do with the Porsche design.

I thought the round light was put so the car resembles the classic round light on the Porsche. Also know that Porsche had something to do with the B4, so was wondering if the design on the " Bug Eye " had something to do with the Porsche design.

ohh I see. lol sorry man don't know bout the porsche deal.. hmm.. :mellow:

thats true, but for the person who's going to buy the car hell get the Sti 9 look like car for low price, i think its a gud deal

Yes definitely, the Zenon lights and the rest of the buffers, spoiler rear crystal lights, etc may have cost close to a Million.