• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Regarding Paint Jobs

Morgoth

Question

Can anyone recommend a good place for general body work and paint jobs? My car is "grayish blue metallic" which is not the easiest colour to mix, and a friend of mine had the same colour and the agents messed his colour combination up somewhat, and now he has a buffer that is visibly darker than the rest of the car :action-smiley-033:

So if there's a good place out there where they know what they're doing please let me know details. Also how much do you think full buffer painting would normally be?

8 answers to this question

Can anyone recommend a good place for general body work and paint jobs? My car is "grayish blue metallic" which is not the easiest colour to mix, and a friend of mine had the same colour and the agents messed his colour combination up somewhat and now he has a buffer that is visibly darker than the rest of the car :action-smiley-033:

So if there's a good place out there where they know what they're doing please let me know. Also how much do you think is reasonable for full buffer painting?

If it the original paint machan the agents usually paint to the original colour code. over a period of time the paint burns due to the sun and other factors and the colour changes. so you need to do a proper cut'n polish to see the real colour. or check against the inner door where the paint still in its original colour. where about do you live?

If it the original paint machan the agents usually paint to the original colour code. over a period of time the paint burns due to the sun and other factors and the colour changes. so you need to do a proper cut'n polish to see the real colour. or check against the inner door where the paint still in its original colour. where about do you live?

In the US but will be back in SL in about a month. Was thinking of getting my back buffer done cos it's kindof scratched up, the colour code as I remember is (BY6). Thing is my friend had given his car to the agents(wont mention the name here) and they were supposed to paint the full buffer, however they had not done the entire thing, his car was only about 4 months old at the time.

Now it's in 2 different colours, and apparnatly wen he had taken it back to them they had admitted that there would have been a mistake in mixing, but sed he needs to pay the full amount in order to re-do it(this was over a year back). I have the same brand of car so I don't want to go to the agents. Looking for a place around colombo or outskirts

Can anyone recommend a good place for general body work and paint jobs? My car is "grayish blue metallic" which is not the easiest colour to mix, and a friend of mine had the same colour and the agents messed his colour combination up somewhat, and now he has a buffer that is visibly darker than the rest of the car :action-smiley-033:

So if there's a good place out there where they know what they're doing please let me know details. Also how much do you think full buffer painting would normally be?

Spraymech Col-2 no two words about it- the best but the most expensive.

machan where exactly r these guys?i had the same problem cos my car is a gun metal sorta colour n it took several mixes to sort the colour out

Yea any idea whereabouts the place is?

In the US but will be back in SL in about a month. Was thinking of getting my back buffer done cos it's kindof scratched up, the colour code as I remember is (BY6). Thing is my friend had given his car to the agents(wont mention the name here) and they were supposed to paint the full buffer, however they had not done the entire thing, his car was only about 4 months old at the time.

Now it's in 2 different colours, and apparnatly wen he had taken it back to them they had admitted that there would have been a mistake in mixing, but sed he needs to pay the full amount in order to re-do it(this was over a year back). I have the same brand of car so I don't want to go to the agents. Looking for a place around colombo or outskirts

Give your car to the agents and pray to god that they have learnt from their mistake :lol::lol::D