• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Paint Scratch Remover

rangerover

Question

I have a silver allion which has slight hair line scrathces and some slight paint chips on the car paint. I read online about these paint scratch removers. Have any of you had any experience with these? if so where can i buy such scratch removers? (good brands such as 3M etc) and how much would it cost?

Also does it work the same way as compound?

Cheers

:jumping-smiley-013:

9 answers to this question

Slight scratch marks could be removed by 3M wax (Cost is about 1500Rs-200Rs for 325ml can). Compoung could do little deeper ones. If the damage is much deeper you may have to go for painting.

Well i have the same issue. I asked Magcity guys at the service they said they can't do only the scraches entire part should be painted????

also if we apply compound will it damadge the pait and do we need to do the pait as well?

thanks

Well i have the same issue. I asked Magcity guys at the service they said they can't do only the scraches entire part should be painted????

also if we apply compound will it damadge the pait and do we need to do the pait as well?

thanks

Dont use compound for this. It will damage the lacquer code. Try 3M wax or some good car polish.

Slight scratch marks could be removed by 3M wax (Cost is about 1500Rs-200Rs for 325ml can). Compoung could do little deeper ones. If the damage is much deeper you may have to go for painting.

Do you know of a particular 3M product??? I have one on the similar price range, gives a nice shine, but it does nothing for scratches.

Edited by jehan80

thanks

I once went for a estimate at Mr P**** , and while there, they suggested I paint a whole fender(not what i went for the estimate for) which had a few paint transfers when a 3 wheeler brushed me, which i went home and easily removed with brasso :action-smiley-060:

So...these guys will try to convince you that for anything you will need a complete paint job of the body part!

I once went for a estimate at Mr P**** , and while there, they suggested I paint a whole fender(not what i went for the estimate for) which had a few paint transfers when a 3 wheeler brushed me, which i went home and easily removed with brasso :action-smiley-060:

So...these guys will try to convince you that for anything you will need a complete paint job of the body part!

M.City Kandy also Mr.P said the same. I have about 10 plces where only sharp eye can notice these lines.

BTW i have another issue.

They used tyre cleaner (white color liquid) to clean black colour plastics as well. Morning i noticed they have not cleaned door wisers so i can see white colour lines in black plastic.... :violent-smiley-099: I hope it's not permanent thing.. :(

I am interested in trying the 3M scratch remover! i read good reviews online. Any idea where i can buy these stuff from in colombo?

Mag C..TY is a bull shit place...dey are like scraping out ur pocket..not a single good thing in them...

u can buy 3M stuff from their Agents..heres da number : 3M OMAR MOHOMED 0714810850