• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How Many Hummers Are The In Srilanka?????????

bimmer

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does 15-17Miles per Gallon.

Ha! Ha! I've also seen that yellow colour "Baby" Hummer with a good sound system and also with a walkman inside of it... :action-smiley-060:

yeah machan awsom vehicle , but the important thing about baby hummer is the fuel economy , great :D

ye thet are originally LHD....the very first time they were advertised in the paper (21 million) the H2s were being converted to RHD in australia and brought down...

the black one Mr. Jayasooriya has, has been brought down from england, so i'm guessing the conversion was done there

I thought they had a BOI thing going here to convert to RHD to send it to Aussie, not the other way around? :D:action-smiley-060:

I thought they had a BOI thing going here to convert to RHD to send it to Aussie, not the other way around? :D:grinning-smiley-003:

I think it's the other way around machan, not sure though!! also I don't think that they will do the conversion here in SL.

I think it's the other way around machan, not sure though!! also I don't think that they will do the conversion here in SL.

Cos if there was a place like that I'm pretty sure we'd be seeing a lot more than just Hummers on the street :grinning-smiley-003:

But then where is this BOI thing? Anyone have a clue?

There is a BOI plant in Peyliyagoda which converts Hummers from Left hand drive to

right hand drive..

Cos i met the owner who does this and he is Arjuna Ranatunga's cousin..

His name is Suresh Edirisinghe if u have seen a Black Cadillac by the way tats his and also

he own the comet cable co.

Wen i met him he told me tat they convert the Hummers frm LHD to RHD and export them to England, Australia and New Zealand..

Wen i met him in November he told me that he was goin to launch the H2 in sl local market in December at the starting price of 20 million incl tax.. but i don't think he actually launched it and i havent been in touch with him since i have been in japan.. so i will find from him whether he actualy launched the Hummer wen i com back to sl this month..

There is a BOI plant in Peyliyagoda which converts Hummers from Left hand drive to

right hand drive..

Wow ok so there is such a place then. But is there a particular reason why they only convert Hummers? Any idea if they're planning to convert any other LHD vehicles in future?

Wow ok so there is such a place then. But is there a particular reason why they only convert Hummers? Any idea if they're planning to convert any other LHD vehicles in future?

Well i just forgot to mention.. the owner told me he's gonna introduce the Lincoln NAvigators but not

sure whether they r gonna be converted here in sl...

He told me tat i cud visit his warehouse to check them.. if i visit his place then i'll try to get some pics :grinning-smiley-003:

Well i just forgot to mention.. the owner told me he's gonna introduce the Cadillac NAvigators but not

sure whether they r gonna be converted here in sl...

Is it Cadillac or Lincoln Navigator?

I thought they had a BOI thing going here to convert to RHD to send it to Aussie, not the other way around? :P:D

You are correct Preveen, sorry it's my bad

:P

I guess he means the Lincoln Navigator. But why bring huuuge bling SUV's when there probably will be a better market for sports cars?(eg a Mustang :D) Although maybe its not easy to conver those. Are we going to have Hummers, Navigators and Escalades crushing us on the streets? Yea I don't like SUV's all that much :P

well, how is the conversion done in SL? as in ok mechanicaly mighr be posible.. but things like the plasticwork.. the dash to be exact.. i dont think you can just mould it right?

i too think there'll be a bigger market for US sports cars than big SUVs... cos if i were given a choice between a mustang and a navigator, i'd say mustang..

btw, has anyone got a look ay the 2nd black H2 (Sumal Perera's one) ?

yeah classic moment anyway i hope u can reach to 1000 ASAP,

i dont know machan... the threads that are intersting (to me) sometimes dont move very fast.. :P .. plus my visits to the forum during work has been greatly cut down due to a certain gulity feeling... :D

but ya, 1000 posts would look really cool :P

i dont know machan... the threads that are intersting (to me) sometimes dont move very fast.. :P .. plus my visits to the forum during work has been greatly cut down due to a certain gulity feeling... :P

but ya, 1000 posts would look really cool :)

u need 157 posts, so try to post atleast 10 post per one day so within 16 day ur work is done :D

2 Black H2s? r u guys sure???????????? :angry-smiley-005:

well you the one who said sumal perera has a black one. i think you got some false information.

about the red one, i think people are confused with the colour of dil's H2 coz some call it red n some call it orange. so maybe its possible that the red n the orange one people are referring to is the same one. unless some one has seen both of them.

over 2 you WCC

wow yeh man Dilesh gud luck ..ME AND GIHAN IS HEADING UR WAY BUT AFTER OLEVELS I PROMISE ILL PASS YALL BY TYPING s***

thanks.

but if u ask me u already have quite a post-rate going... imagine when you have more free time in your hands :alc: :alc: ...MADZ will have to buy a new web server just to handle your posts

right hand drive..

Cos i met the owner who does this and he is Arjuna Ranatunga's cousin..

His name is Suresh Edirisinghe if u have seen a Black Cadillac by the way thats his

This was confirmed by another person today. It is same people at Edirisinge Brothers that does diesel engine overhauls etc.

Here is a company doing coversions in UK. Some pics of assembling in their gallery.

RHD Conversions.

pedals21sc.th.gif

wipers7jb.th.gif

This was confirmed by another person today. It is same people at Edirisinge Brothers that does diesel engine overhauls etc.

Ah Intercep isn't that a well known place? Well they sure seem to know what theyre doing. wonder if the SL conversion place pays as much attention to detail. Damn it just struck me how many things in the interior really need to be changed wen doing these convertsions when i read this <_<

"Gear shift moved to right with "PNRD123" moved over also."

"Windscreen wipers changed over to right hand sweep"

"Reprogrammed door switches allowing the correct windows to open with the correct switch"

"Make sure you ask your dealer if they can match all these points !"

Ah Intercep isn't that a well known place? Well they sure seem to know what theyre doing. wonder if the SL conversion place pays as much attention to detail. Damn it just struck me how many things in the interior really need to be changed wen doing these convertsions when i read this <_<

"Gear shift moved to right with "PNRD123" moved over also."

"Windscreen wipers changed over to right hand sweep"

"Reprogrammed door switches allowing the correct windows to open with the correct switch"

"Make sure you ask your dealer if they can match all these points !"

:):D Yah. When it starts raining only you will realize that driver side of windshiled is not wiped and you are trying to close the wrong window.