• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Healp Me To By Ek3 Or Blue Bird

BAnuradha

Dear Friends,

I m planning to buy Honda EK3 or Nissan Blue bird ( Diesel).

1.Witch is the best option EK3 or Nissan Blue bird( Diesel)?? Economical/resale

If I go to EK 3 number should be GX-XXX If it is a Blue bird 65-XXXX

Budget 15-17 lks

EK3. You can have Vi or Vi-Rs for that price

Go for the EK3.I think bluebird will b expensive to maintain

Only if it's one of those Hyper CVT jobs, but I don't think that's an option with diesel. If you're considering a U14, look for the LeGrand or Eprise trims. I've driven and ridden in both petrol and diesel models, and I'd venture to say that it's pretty comfy, and the driving position is not bad either. The diesel was a 65-, and the engine was a bit tired, but there was plenty of low end for puttering around Colombo. I couldn't really open it up though, since it wasn't my car.

Edited by terrabytetango

I cannot recommend the bluebird. The car will give you lot of trouble and you’ll have to spend lot of time in garages. However fuel wise since its gonna be a Diesel your running cost will be lot less.

EK3 is a different kinda animal. It’s a really good car and I can recommend this to any1.

Averagely if you are running around 150 km per week then definitely go for the EK3 as there is no point of going for a Diesel car anyway.

Hii every1.Im New to Autolanka

Can Anuradha go for a VIRS for that Price???I mean 1.7m

Cause about 2 months back my Cousin wanted to buy a VIRS and all of them were priced over 1.8m. And also the cheapest 1 we could find was 1.79m and it was not in good condition

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

Hii every1.Im New to Autolanka

Can Anuradha go for a VIRS for that Price???I mean 1.7m

Cause about 2 months back my Cousin wanted to buy a VIRS and all of them were priced over 1.8m. And also the cheapest 1 we could find was 1.79m and it was not in good condition

very unlikely mate....a good unriced one would be around 1.9 easily. why dont you try out a Vi ? you can get a really good one for 1.7.

very unlikely mate....a good unriced one would be around 1.9 easily. why dont you try out a Vi ? you can get a really good one for 1.7.

Thankyou VPJ.Now My cousin is going to Buy an EK3 Vi he prefers an Auto.But I 've Heard that There are problems with the Multimatic gearbox.Is it true???

Thankyou VPJ.Now My cousin is going to Buy an EK3 Vi he prefers an Auto.But I 've Heard that There are problems with the Multimatic gearbox.Is it true???

as far as i know , any auto box can cause problems if not properly maintained and this is applicable to multimatic too. apart from that need attention on oil changing inetrvals and the type of gear box oil.

after all, multimatic is one of a kind driving experince.

as far as i know , any auto box can cause problems if not properly maintained and this is applicable to multimatic too. apart from that need attention on oil changing inetrvals and the type of gear box oil.

after all, multimatic is one of a kind driving experince.

You never know how the previous owner has maintained the gear box therefore it is advisable to go for a automatic or manual gear box rather than going for a CVT one. Just a idea bro. :)