• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petrol Smell After Adding Injector Cleaner

eyepea

Question

Recently I used an Injector Cleaner (S*P brand) for the first time.

While running on that tank full, I got a whiff of petrol one in a while.

After re-filling the tank the second time after adding the injector cleaner, and there after, there was no whiff of petrol noticed.

Is this normal for that particular brand of injector cleaner ?

(earlier I used a different brand, and did not notice a petrol smell).

I pump petrol every 3 or 4 days.

I have noticed that one can get the smell of petrol when passing some petrol sheds, some other vehicles etc etc.

Also sometimes the pertol sold is a bit more smelly at times.

But what I noticed lasted for the few days while I was using the tank full of petrol with the injector cleaner. I do not notice it now or before adding the injector cleaner. Nor do I notice it in another vehicle filled up during the same period (but no injector cleaner added).

I cannot specify a particular situation for getting the smell. It happened occasionally and randomly, and not particularly when idleing, accellarating or doing a particular speed, at the start or after some time, or while in heavey traffic or very light traffic or a particular time of day.

So while it "can" be some other coincidance, I was wondering whether the petrol smell was due to the injector cleaner and normal and whether anyone else had a similar experience or some other problem (which I don't notice now). :unsure:

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

dont think there's anything worry about here mate :)

i too have got this on and off and nothing to do with injector cleaner :)

sometimes the pump attendant folks must be spilling a bit of petrol here and there as they are filling the car up... and there was this one instance where they haven't properly locked in the gas cap and fuel had even spilt out cos it was fully topped up...

There's nothing to worry if you didn't get this after this one incident :)