• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Interplay Hatch

Pethum85

Hi mates,

I am planning to get my hands on a mazda interplay hatchback. Recently i found out a superb hatch which is of first owner and has done around 240k. Price is also reasonalbe i guess.. which is around 650/=.. YOM is 1994 and number is 19-. My only concern is that it is automatic!!!! :blink:. I would prefer going for a manual one, i need expert advice from you ppl on converting auto to manual if i can get an interplay engine and gearbox.... please be kind enough to tell me the pros and cons of this sort of a job and any reliable place to get the engine and get it done.... I am heavily relying on the advice since i am fairly new in this part of the game.... Thank you bros....

Not seen an automatic Interplay before.... are you sure it is authentic..?

either way, I wouldn't recommend converting to manual. It's not worth the cost, unless you are NOT able to locate a manual. There are a few interplay hatches, but you gotta look harder as they are quite rare.

GuruG has one, hence I'll let him comment further..

the manual conversion is not a rocket science project for this model as the factory put out both the manual and the auto.. so they do make room for covnerting... guru G will comment on this as soon as he sees this.. however, u need a good garage and a decent gear box.. the gear box is avalable i know that for sure as i think Guru put in a new gear box recently.... cost wise i am not too sure bro..

GURU Where are u....

Oh.. I just remembered... Guru's car originally came with Auto transmission, and he converted to manual.. and I believe it is still running the original ECU.

Earth calling GuruG...! :music-smiley-012:

Recieving lound and clear... :music-smiley-001:

Yaaaawnnnn.....Its Monday morning :sleeping-smiley-008: n bit tired after the trip to BlackPool...

Hi mates,

I am planning to get my hands on a mazda interplay hatchback. Recently i found out a superb hatch which is of first owner and has done around 240k. Price is also reasonalbe i guess.. which is around 650/=.. YOM is 1994 and number is 19-. My only concern is that it is automatic!!!! :blink: . I would prefer going for a manual one, i need expert advice from you ppl on converting auto to manual if i can get an interplay engine and gearbox.... please be kind enough to tell me the pros and cons of this sort of a job and any reliable place to get the engine and get it done.... I am heavily relying on the advice since i am fairly new in this part of the game.... Thank you bros....

Good choice dude. But Rs. 650/= is very cheap for that sort of a car. List to check

1. Any major Probs with car

2. The owner has gone :wacko2: (u r lucky)

3. It could be a BG3S (1.3L).

4. It could be a carb

Check on above other than the owners mental prob. It'll be more helpful if u could email me some pics of int, ext and engine bay.

There is no hassle in converting auto to manual. The cost will be arround 60K. Onlything is currently there is a shortage of manual B5 gboxes. A new shipment is due to arrive after 2 weeks time.

Machan whats da reason for the conversion?

Machan whats da reason for the conversion?

Thank alot Guru.. Machang i always prefer a manual over auto cos of the performance reasons.. if the conversion is around 60k which is ok with me would you recommend doing the job? any place to get it done?

Yep I would. But b4 anything else just check on my list in the previous post.

Hmmmmm a place, could try Ma**a or even my garage guy can do it. Lets find the parts first, shall we...

Yep I would. But b4 anything else just check on my list in the previous post.

Hmmmmm a place, could try Ma**a or even my garage guy can do it. Lets find the parts first, shall we...

There was a Hatch advertised on Al sometime ago......and another in the papers I think....

Manual. 4 wheel discs. Orangish color. But price was 800+ .

Interplay (4 door) is not on your options list I s'pose?