• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

In A Dilemma

littlepundit

Hi my educated friends..

I hav a vios 1.5E n we have been using 95 OCT fuel since d beginin.. From wht i hav read on net it shud run on 93 OCt fuel.. What wud b d effect if i use 90 OCT fuel instead??

Dear Mate,

Pl see the comments I made on July 7 and others comments.

http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?s...=5416&st=40

I believe that if your souce of information is correct you have to use 95oct.

thanks for the replies mates.. Ya i went through that specific thread too..

From what i read long time back and this new one i found the Octane rating for Vios is 93

http://english.sinopec.com/products_service/oil_products/

I did use 90 OCt once when i was out of colombo n i felt the car was not giving the usual performance.. So a bit worried to use 90 OCT..

I'm a newbie to this so i fear it wud make my engine go bad.

The only good thing I found,you dont get Three wheeler fellas queued at 95 filling post.

MINIACE

I've actually seen a threewheeler once putting in 95 :) that aside lotsa Motorbikes do fill up on 95, from what I've seen.

i alternate between 90 and 95 and the cars been running fine for the past 3 years. don't worry too much about it.

When I purchased the car, I used 95, but switched to 90 when the prices went up. I didn't feel any difference at all. Yes, mine is a Vios

Nothing will happen. I think, octane rating for your car is 87 or higher.

According to our vios owners manual, the required octane is 91 or higher. :unsure:

and mate go for either, soo many people pump both, its hard to keep track sometimes. lol. however we've pumped only 95 from the time we got the car nearly 2 years ago. no complaints, except for the extra 13 bucks per litre difference (which used to be only 3 *growl* ) hehe

Edited by virensti

According to our vios owners manual, the required octane is 91 or higher. :unsure:

and mate go for either, soo many people pump both, its hard to keep track sometimes. lol. however we've pumped only 95 from the time we got the car nearly 2 years ago. no complaints, except for the extra 13 bucks per litre difference (which used to be only 3 *growl* ) hehe

Now its 18 rupees more per liter... thats why they say "I dont need sex... Government f**k me everyday"

Edited by Corolla121

Now its 18 rupees more per liter... thats why they say "I dont need sex... Government f**k me everyday"

lol! Agreed! hehehe. It used to be "Life" f**k's me everyday! now thanks to our lovely ministers and their even lovelier children and friends, its government! :lol: lets celebrate the end of the war! :alc: increase prices of everything! :D:angry-smiley-048:

Edited by virensti