• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Familia Fuel Economy

TCS

Hi I have a Mazda BJ5P 1998 Model. It does about 6-7KM per liter with A/C. (Three People On board)

-Auto gear.

Any suggestions guys?

Hi..

I also have Mazda BJ5P 2001 Auto. It does 8-9KM per liter with A/C. I cleaned throttlbody, changed plugs and did 3M engine treatment with tune-up. But no change. :unsure:

Thilak

Hi I have a Mazda BJ5P 1998 Model. It does about 6-7KM per liter with A/C. (Three People On board)

-Auto gear.

Any suggestions guys?

Are you sure it's a 1.5CC and not a 1.3cc?

Do you go in heavy traffic ???

Have you serviced(Not washing the card at a shed) the car in the proper intervals such as ATF change, plug, throttle body cleaning

There’s lots of variables that come in to play when it come to mileage per Liter.

Ahhhhh these 3 people are they average weight or extra large :D

Plugs need to be correct and throttle body has to be clean – also check the fuel preasure and overall condition of the pump

Quite strange ! I do not know much abt tecnical aspects but sth wrong definetely.

One of my good friend is having 1999 model auto and it does 10/11 km/l easily despite he is a kind of hard driver .

Is there anything else tobe done? :unsure:

I am not a hard driver too. :mellow:

Thilak

-Auto gear.

Any suggestions guys?

Problem, as mazdaspeed said there can be many reasons. U should get ur car checkd...

Hi..

I also have Mazda BJ5P 2001 Auto. It does 8-9KM per liter with A/C. I cleaned throttlbody, changed plugs and did 3M engine treatment with tune-up. But no change. :unsure:

Thilak

Thats avg if ur drivin in trafic.

Quite strange ! I do not know much abt tecnical aspects but sth wrong definetely.

One of my good friend is having 1999 model auto and it does 10/11 km/l easily despite he is a kind of hard driver .

I dont think so mate...this is my second Mazda earlier I had a 1.3 it did around 8-9 with ac now i drive a ec-at 4 1.5 it does even 9km/l-max 10kmpl this is when i only drive on 3rd or 4rth..but when most of time driven inside col it'll be max 9km/l which is normal. Mines tuned with new plugs,air filter etc.and I dont carry any passengers..so I dont belive mazda's doing more unless its a manual!

Thanks mate.

What I got from these discussion is, Mazda 1.5 does 8-9 Kms per liter as flat. :violent-smiley-099:

I have Suzuki Aerio 2003 Auto 1.5 and it does 11-12kms per liter. :rolleyes:

Thilak

The Familia 1.5 M/T does 10km/l... in Colombo, with A/C.. all depends on how it is driven. So each car can vary..

Hi kit

if the wheel alignment affect the fuel efficiency?

:jumping-smiley-013:

yes theoratically wheel alignment could affect the fuel efficiency but no practical experience yet.

anyhow i also got a familia recently and it is a 1.5 4wd car.

still i am to replace ATF and do the engine tune up.

i was able to change the engine oil only.

wheel alignment also is pending.

but it does 8km in Colombo (heavy traffic) and 11KM in outstation with AC .

-Auto gear.

Any suggestions guys?

I think in colombo traffic you can't expect much more than this for this car may be max 8-9 with all cleaning and other things. I used mazda 323 1.6 manual and it did 8-9 in colombo and 12-13 outstation. right now I am using a mazda 3 (2008) 1.5 manual and it does 9-10 in colombo and 13 outstation. all with A/C.

I think in colombo traffic you can't expect much more than this for this car may be max 8-9 with all cleaning and other things. I used mazda 323 1.6 manual and it did 8-9 in colombo and 12-13 outstation. right now I am using a mazda 3 (2008) 1.5 manual and it does 9-10 in colombo and 13 outstation. all with A/C.

why not join the MFOC man..

• 9 months later...
Hi..

Thilak

HI I bought MAZDA 323RS 1.5 VTI …..Its Tiptronic…. 4 DISC Breaks ….. it does 11 + km with AC

HI I bought MAZDA 323RS 1.5 VTI …..Its Tiptronic…. 4 DISC Breaks ….. it does 11 + km with AC

Really ?? <_< i think its too early for you to comment on the fuel figures on 323 RS.