• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

To All Those Who Say "older" Cars Were Built Like Tanks....

MeanGreenZ28

well seeing as i was the guy to post as older cars are built like tanks,i feel obligated to reply

if one read my original post thoroughly they'll find out i was actually criticising the old cars for being unsafe

and no offence,but american cars from any era could not even dream of matching up to their european rivals,infact most are just crap boxes with wheels,with precious few exceptions,and even they are valued for sentimental reasons and never will be known as technical marvals...so not good examples for a safety lesson

well seeing as i was the guy to post as older cars are built like tanks,i feel obligated to reply

if one read my original post thoroughly they'll find out i was actually criticising the old cars for being unsafe

and no offence,but american cars from any era could not even dream of matching up to their european rivals,infact most are just crap boxes with wheels,with precious few exceptions,and even they are valued for sentimental reasons and never will be known as technical marvals...so not good examples for a safety lesson

well this wasn't directed at you, more at the masses who go and tap a car and say "they aren't built like they used to be" and correlate mass with safety. And yeah, american cars were big and fat, just like the citizens these days ... lol Edited by MeanGreenZ28

It's just a misconception among the older folk, because they interpret the crumple zones as bad design. Their mentality is that in a collision, the car is supposed to sustain as little damage as possible. However the car manufacturers' way of thinking is for the passengers to sustain as little damage as possible, and bugger all about the car. At the speeds morons these days travel on the highways (people on the GA400 regularly go at between 90 and 120 on the inside most lane), you can no longer hope to drive away from an impact.