• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Best Car I Can Get For 1.2 Mill

riddle

Question

hey guys..iv a total of 1.2 mil...(dat doesnt mean that im looking for cars which have a price tag of 1.2,,cheaper the better)

the main things i consider are

1)fuel fuel fuel efficient (now i dint talk about those maruti's and stuff) 10-13km colombo with a/c would be great...

2)a car which suits my life style as well as my dad's(50+),,a slight modd, lights,body kits,a visible spoiler etc..

3)a decent interior (a modified one would do wonders)

after hunting for ~4months i have a huge craze for these civic's(eg8 1992-3..damn....i love the xenon hid's),and lancers ck2's...and im totally in love with the eg8...

i think wel be using this car for a long period(+4yrs may be more),,so what do you guys think eh???

can you guys recommend me a good ride(that doent mean only civic's n lancers...any thing you feel good enough for the buck)???

doubts

1)are eg8's better than lancers or vice verca??

2)which is better for fuel consumption??

i would appreciate all kind help and advice youe give me as seniors and experts...

thanks alot in advance!!!!!!!!

judging by your posts..you seem to like modded cars...lights, bodykits etc...

In SL that's mostly the civic territory.....

eg8's are good cars...i doubt it will give you 10-13 in colombo even when driven conservatively...

a max of 10kmpl is my guess in colombo and a 12 out of town... added weight of bodykits etc also doesn't help the mpg figures...

the only advice is that's t he word i can give you with these cars is to have patience and look for a good specimen since most these cars are meddled with by those who don't know or care much about cars... And many cars tend to be abused so take the time to look for un abused one...

saw a Car in a Car sale at Stanley tilakarathne Mawatha.The colour was Metalic purple and It had Alloys and some gauges (Saw it when I was passing by so couldnt inspect it much)

Eg8 carb 1 does about 11-12 In the City.

You could go for a VTEC for that Budget.....

And also I think the EG is a Better option cause ive heard that Lancers have a poor fuel economy+Spares are expensive

a decent condition Carb would cost between 900k-1000k and a Vtec would cost from 950k-1100k

You could be able to get a Carb one for 9 lakhs but not a Vtec

I think its wise to go for a Vtec cause it gives perfromance+Godd fuel economy and It has a higher resale value than the Carb.And the Dual carb is not Fuel efficient and is difficult to sell so If u are Going for a Carb1 go for a single carb.

The Prices of the EGs depend on the Mods done to it,since most of them are Badly modified you should be lucky to find 1 in decent condition.....

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

I'v read on the Honda Civic range....the best fuel economy & power combination is from the Civic EK3 Ferio Vi or the Vti range these are the "3 stage Vtec" once....do a google search on this & u will find the material 2 read......pls. note I have no practical experience on this & i came across this when i was was doing my research on what to buy.... I just bought a stock duel carb EG8....

These above mentioned EK3's (300-xxx, 301-xxx) goes for around 1.35 Mil but.....I think u could bargain & get a good deal....

It all depends on what really you expect from the machine and your personnel taste. But if it is me in that budget I will think of a Toyota Tercel 300 or 301 series.

because,

cheap maintainance, cheap and availability of the spare parts,

very good in fuel consumption (15/12 if you find a good one),

reasonably a decent, comfortable car,

easy to find a good well maintained car,

I too like eg8's but it is very difficult to find a GOOD one, most of the eg8's available for sale are crap with never ending repairs.

what ever it is wish you find a good one.

vtec eh....thanks alot maan....can you please gimme a list of specifications(engine and stuff...) i should mainly look when buying an eg8 vtec so that il be mara help full maan....i appreciate the help youv done tyo me....

If the body condition and interior is in good condition, don't worry about other things . You could get otherveverything(Socks, Carbs, fan belts, Lower arm bushes, Rack ends etc etc ) restored for 01 lack.

Bargain and buy one less than 9 lacks and you will be up on the deal. :)

If the body condition and interior is in good condition, don't worry about other things . You could get otherveverything(Socks, Carbs, fan belts, Lower arm bushes, Rack ends etc etc ) restored for 01 lack.

Jaga, any reliable recommendations from where i can get this sort of full service done?....appreciate the info.

thanks alot...there was a a blue vtec EFI 1carb one for sale...there are some minor paint jobs,a big visible dent in the bonnet(matte painted),a small damage on the body kit,the front 2 tyres are a bit old it seems, and it does around 10km/l and the owner said that if we do some tuning or something extra we could go upto 12km/l it seems//

and the owner said that he would replace a good set of tyres(used),and do all those paint jobs,dents and give the ride for 9.85 which can be negotiated...

so what do you think eh???is this worth???he boats that this is a e.f.i vtec model which is rare for the above price tag...i would go to satfford and get a full faulty check up if im buying it.....

so what do you think mate???

sure..

the dude live in kadana-shiran...got it from #####..

btw do you know anu other cars for sale??

Your budget is 1.2M. You can go for non VTEC early EK3 Exi which is better buy compare to the EG8. However if you are a VTEC fan like me then yes EG8 is with in your budget (but it'll be very rare to find un abused one). Also how often do you think VTEC kicks in your normal run??

Talking about Lancer CK2, there are plenty of spares and price i think lesser than EG8s. But I recommend EG8 for you.

yeah men...my budget is 1.2 mill but i think we have only 8 in hand...planiningh to get a lease for the rest...if i can get a eg8 then i dont hav to lease...thats my agony!!!!

and while talking about the abused ones....if i would go for a full faulty checkup at staofford's would i be able to filter the good ones???

Jaga, any reliable recommendations from where i can get this sort of full service done?....appreciate the info.

STAFFORD is the best place .Otherwise Upul At malabe.

Upul is good and charges are less than the agent. You may contact him on 0777735251.

STAFFORD is the best place .Otherwise Upul At malabe.

Upul is good and charges are less than the agent. You may contact him on 0777735251.

Tks. Machang...I will chk out both....another questions...

I was told to replace the CV Joints by the seller any idea of a reasonable estimate?.....tks.

Tks. Machang...I will chk out both....another questions...

I was told to replace the CV Joints by the seller any idea of a reasonable estimate?.....tks.

5000 each and 1500 for replacement.

Edited by VPJ