• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ecu For Manual Gear 1nz-fe Engine (vios)

virensti

Hi all,

Vios issues again. :(

My VVT valve (which operates the VVT unit) is not working. Its a brand new VVT valve as well, bought from Toyota for nearly 7k. On closer inspection, (by checking the wiring from the ECU to the vvt valve) the diagnosis is the ECU is not giving out the required pulse for the VVT valve to operate. So I most probably have to replace my ECU.

Now obviously a brand new one is outta the question, cause Toyota will probably want about 60K for it (or more :unsure: ) Any ideas from where I can get some GOOD quality 2nd hand ECU's? I was thinking soo many cars have crashed/totaled or even the sludged up cars (Specially Vios's) are all at either garage's or insuarance company's. Does anyone know whether those car parts (more specifically ECU's) can be bought off them cheap?

Please do let me know..

ps. Some performance ECU's which can run on these engine are also very welcome if in budget! :D So please do let me know ladies n gents. :)

Thanks. V

Take a walk in Delkanda - found enough n more ECU's there the last time i looked for one for the Carina

ECU's are repairable as well - i've PMed you the contact information of someone who can likely help you in this regard - he may be able to patch it up - it wouldn't be the first time he's done something like that :)

Aside from that try the usual car parts joints US Car Parts & Japan Lanka Autoland in Dehiwala , Taiyo & Yunikon in Mt. Lavinia , Ratmalana etc.

Edited by Devinda_Z

Take a walk in Delkanda - found enough n more ECU's there the last time i looked for one for the Carina

ECU's are repairable as well - i've PMed you the contact information of someone who can likely help you in this regard - he may be able to patch it up - it wouldn't be the first time he's done something like that :)

Aside from that try the usual car parts joints US Car Parts & Japan Lanka Autoland in Dehiwala , Taiyo & Yunikon in Mt. Lavinia , Ratmalana etc.

Thanks alot Devinda. :) will check it out sometime next week. Got your pm as well. thanks again :)

Hi all,

Vios issues again. :(

My VVT valve (which operates the VVT unit) is not working. Its a brand new VVT valve as well, bought from Toyota for nearly 7k. On closer inspection, (by checking the wiring from the ECU to the vvt valve) the diagnosis is the ECU is not giving out the required pulse for the VVT valve to operate. So I most probably have to replace my ECU.

Now obviously a brand new one is outta the question, cause Toyota will probably want about 60K for it (or more :unsure: ) Any ideas from where I can get some GOOD quality 2nd hand ECU's? I was thinking soo many cars have crashed/totaled or even the sludged up cars (Specially Vios's) are all at either garage's or insuarance company's. Does anyone know whether those car parts (more specifically ECU's) can be bought off them cheap?

Please do let me know..

ps. Some performance ECU's which can run on these engine are also very welcome if in budget! :D So please do let me know ladies n gents. :)

Thanks. V

Wasn't Nigel able to repair your ECU?

My Corona Premio has a problem of not switching off the glow (diesel) bulb. The timer is switching off only problem is the bulb.

I think that guy can repair it, can you please give me the details of him. Or mail me "[email protected]"

Wasn't Nigel able to repair your ECU?

That day he had a thorough look at it He even resolded the entire ECU once... But still no go. :( He said to bring it again when I'm free. So I thought I'd keep my options open by hunting for a new one.. :unsure: