• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Stock Tyre Size Of A Peugeot 406 D8

rattler81

hello again guys, can someone please tell me what's the stock tyre size of a peugeot 1998 - 406 D8 1.8L would be. Currently I'm having 195/65/R15 on the front and 205/65/R15 on the back. Somehow I feel this is incorrect.

most popular tire size is 195/65R15 and for coupe its 205/55R15. I have all around 195/65. However you can vary from this upto 3% without any issue. Recommended pressure is 33 psi all round.

most popular tire size is 195/65R15 and for coupe its 205/55R15. I have all around 195/65. However you can vary from this upto 3% without any issue. Recommended pressure is 33 psi all round.

Thank you for the info. what about my case, I have 195/65 tires on the front and 205/65 tires at the back. Is this setup ok ? is there any downsides for this ?

...i doubt one is going to be pushing a 4 door sedan hard enough to notice, but there ought to be some kinda effect on the handling and grip levels right :unsure: true FWD car n all,but technically there should be at least some effect yes? :huh:

Pugs of that generation are amusing drives anyway and the 406 actually had a form of passive rear wheel steer system thanks to the complex multi-link arrangement. They do have a tendency to be a little bit tail happy if you push it, so slightly wider rubber back there wouldnt hurt...